Kool things previous owners left behind in your car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the 72 Mach 1 T-5 that a friend crashed. I was pulling the interior out and when I picked the console up there melted into the carpet was a cigarette filter. Someone on the line was smoking a cigarette and put it on the drive shaft hump. Then the next guy puts a long console on top of the lit cigarette and screwed it down. Lucky they did not burn the plant down. 

In my 73 vert I found a swivel head 7/16" socket down in the pocket under one of the rear side windows. Was all rusted up probably from assembly line.

When I took the 73 Mach 1 apart I found condoms under the front seat under the carpet. Humm wonder who put them there?

The build sheet was there but stuck and in tiny pieces.

When I bought my Mach 1, which didn't come from the factory with Ram Air, the previous owner threw in the complete Ram Air set-up, which he was going to someday install. He just put it all in the trunk, and it was all factory parts. Score.

In addition, some years back, I was a mechanic at a Thunderbird shop. We had a fair-sized lot full of Thunderbird parts cars, and, between the parts cars, and customer's cars coming in for restoration, I acquired a sizeable collection of beer can openers ( church keys ), with beer logos like Budweiser, Pabst, Miller, etc. I have them all mounted in a shadow box display. All of them were found under seats, carpets, in the trunks. Silly, but I kept them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back