Looking for shifter help..

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a B&M shifter in my console. Although i did have to notch it to get it to fit. I didnt think it was a really big deal because they repop the piece you have to notch. So if you ever want to go back to original you can. I cant get to my car to take any pics for ya right now, but I will be digging the car out this weekend if you still would like to see mine I can post some this weekend. But yes it is possible but some trimming was involed in the front of mine.

Kevin

I would love to see some pics, Kevin. 30 years ago, I saw the automatic ratchet shifter in action, and it was AWESOME.
I think mine is the b&m sport ratchet shifter. Its definately fun. Much better than stock especially if you have a shift kit. It has a lockout so you cant go too far when you "slap" the shifter. I will get some pics up for you saturday or sunday.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm listening. I bought a hurst 1/4 stick off craigslist and soon found that if I put it so it would come thru the console it would hit the center dash cluster when going for park, so got lucky and sold it to a buddy for 10.00 profit now i'm trying again.

I've been looking at those little short ones for the newer stangs but can't find much info or measurments.

Mine is pretty close to the dash when its in park. I may have had to notch the front and back to get the full range of motion. But the rubber boot of the shifter and chrome bezel cover it .

Got a couple pics of my shifter. If you need any more let me know. Just gives you an idea on what i did. I remeber that I filled the cover in with fiberglass so the shifter boot and chrome bezel would fit nice and flat in there.

m9r2qc.png

zivt5e.png

i was thinking of doing the same thing some day when i get mine ready for the road. did u buy just the shifter or the whole thing? i thought about a pistol grip shifter just the stick and putting into the console and trying to use the stock bezel but not sure if that could work. i have seen some guys cut up a nice console and i would see it and yell NOOOOOO!!! in my head. great pics by the way looks right at home.

I bought the shifter from summit. Its a B&M sport shifter i believe. It came with its own base and cover and that chrome bezel and rubber boot. I just tossed the plastic base and set my console over the shifter and trimmed the chrome bezel to fit the stock console. I had to do a little cutting of the console but its all hidden. My console wasnt the greatest shape when I got it. So it has several spots of fiberglass in it. So i wasnt concerned with cutting some stuff up. Overall it turned out nice. Looks like it was meant to be there.

Latest posts

Back