Lower Hinge Question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi to all,

Has anyone purchased and installed a Dynacorn ''lower'' driver's side or passengers side hinge for your Mustang. I ask because i was wondering about the quality of the hinge and also how good or effective is the roller wheel mechanism at holding the door open at the two stage opening positions. Does this mechanism work at all at keeping the door captured properly in the these partially open positions or not? Any feedback from folks who have bought this brand and installed the hinge would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Greg.:)

I purchased a hinge pin replacement kit from CJ Pony so I could keep the original hinges.. Easy to install and seem to work just fine..

I have those Mustang Steve hinges on my car - absolutely love 'em! ::thumb::

OK - let me clarify. I have modified and installed the Mustang Steve hinge upgrade kit to my original door hinges. ;) :D

The security in knowing that I will very likely never have to replace the hinges and/or hinge pins & bushings ever again is a wonderful thing.

Thanks very much for your feedback guys. All info is good, however, i was specifically targeting the Dynacorn lower hinges as to their quality and performance in relation to how effectively they hold open the door in the stayed positions so to speak.(the roller wheel thingies)

Greg.:)

Oh - that. Yeah, the roller thingies are a bit worn on mine as well (get a little bit of the "dry clunk" when closing the passenger door).

Latest posts

Back