Lower ride height with Boss 351 leaf springs?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Someone told me that the rear leaf springs for the Boss 351/HO are stiffer and lower the ride height by approx 1 inch compared to the "normal" rear leaf springs.

For lack of comparison, I would not know about it.

Can anyone confirm or refute that assertion?

It would be a cheap possibility to get rid of the lowering blocks compared to the Grab-A-Track leafs.

I know the boss springs are stiffer than regular mustang springs, but I don't know about the ride height.I've been wondering the same thing.I have grab a trac standard height 4.5 leaf springs now and I am not to happy with them.I think they are going to be to stiff for good weight transfer and sit to high and the biggest thing I've been mad about is they are stamped made in India.I believe I am going to sell them and buy some Eaton's.Maybe someone that knows about the ride height will chime in.

I checked my Master Parts List to verify, and there is no ride height difference. There are a lot of variables for spring rate, such as when it was built, body style, competition suspension or not, and yes, engine. The Boss for '71/'72 actually shows one of the lightest spring rates at 550 lbs, but then they were built as light weight drag racers, so that makes some sense. I bought springs for one of my cars from Eaton, and they have a program to get the right spring for your car, but can modify them to your tastes as well.

Steve

Ok, thanks.

I will probably go the way Q suggested. (thanks)

I just wanted to make sure, as I could not imagine Bosses dragging their tails compared to other Mustangs from the same area.

If I swap then for something decent.

Back