Media Blasting

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
Don (Don65Stang)and I were talking last week about this project and he recommended I post this.

When I was MUCH younger with my previouse Mach, I always tried to not use family money on my expensive hobby. Dickered/swapped/built other peoples engines, You fellas know.

Mel and I are blessed with the presence of our 3 grand kids so here is how to build an economical, in garage, media blasting enclosure and not use too much cash.

1. Visqeen (Plastic) is very slippery so watch your step.

2. Left about 5 feet on each side on the bottom so you can fold it up toward the top for containment.

3. I cut my wifes PVC poles for her hot house to just wedge between the rafters and floor. (Don't PM her or I'm screwed)

4. Utilized the light fixtures and a staple gun to assist in holding up the roof and for good lighting.

5. Cut different size poles for garage door to floor since I don't want to suffacate and will have the garage door open with flaps for ventillation. Also I figure this will take 12-16 hours over 2 days and won't be able to do it in 1 shot so need to be able to close the door in between.

I'll update the pics tomorrow when I tie it all together.

DSCN1174.JPGDSCN1175.JPGDSCN1176.JPGDSCN1177.JPGDSCN1178.JPG

Great idea. Still no matter what you do you will have media all over the garage. :p This may help limit the colaterial damage tho. I like what you've done here.

Back