Monte Carlo bar fitment issues

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would think from all the comments on the subject on this thread and previous ones, that someone would just design and manufacture one that fits and make a bundle of money, at least initially...

Well i guess the one I have from NPD will stay in the box lol i have the straight one as well. not paying shipping back to the USA.

I bought a Super Suspension Kit from Laurel Mountain Mustang, and the kit came with a 'free' Monte Carlo bar - the straight bar, which looks identical to the description and pics everybody has shared so far.

Oddly enough it wasn't too short, it just wouldn't clear the distributor or A/C compressor (Sanden on mine as well).

This looks like a custom solution as well, especially since it clears both an aftermarket distributor as well as the factory air compressor with such precision - no way it could be a mass-produced item.

1971_ford_mustang_mach_1+engine.jpg

I'm thinking once I get my HVAC system finalized, I'll be looking into making something like that - probably not chromed, though. ;)

Probably had a custom pipe bender or knew someone with to custom make it. Then sent off to chrome plated.

Maybe one of these.

4twode.jpg

mustang7173

Quick question on this. Would it be more effective if you were able to tie the bar into the top of the shock tower brace as opposed to the inner fenders?

I would think that might be more desirable as well. I also think as rigid as the shock towers are (as realized by their shape), having the bar mounted in the area immediately adjacent to the shock tower itself would be 'almost as good.'

The big issue is finding the right space for a Monte Carlo to live in harmony with everything else - ahead of the shock towers is probably the best that can be done, given the conditions and need for mass production rather than custom fit.

Back