Mustang 50th Anniversary Charlotte 2014

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told by several hotel customer service departments that I could not reserve until 12 months in advance. It would be great for all of us to be in the same hotel as a meet and greet.
Thats what I was getting at a group being together
I am still with you on that Roy. Just trying to bump the intent again.

I was told by several hotel customer service departments that I could not reserve until 12 months in advance. It would be great for all of us to be in the same hotel as a meet and greet.
Thats what I was getting at a group being together
I am still with you on that Roy. Just trying to bump the intent again.
Cool maybe they will reply with what hotel they already have reservations at

If... and that's a Big IF... my pile is ready by then, count me in. I have in-laws in both Drakes Branch, VA and Sumter/Manning, SC. I think we could schedule a road trip for a visit with the folks around the event (or vice versa - whichever sounds better to the wife).

If... and that's a Big IF... my pile is ready by then, count me in. I have in-laws in both Drakes Branch, VA and Sumter/Manning, SC. I think we could schedule a road trip for a visit with the folks around the event (or vice versa - whichever sounds better to the wife).
Sumter SC spent 6 years of my life there, Shaw AFB

Sumter SC spent 6 years of my life there, Shaw AFB
Yup - oldest brother-in-law retired from USAF; middle BIL owns C&C Cycles in Horatio; and youngest BIL is a plant manager at Kay-Don. Mom and Dad live in Manning, and her sister lives in VA. Wife and I made the trip the week before the week of Thanksgiving, and rolled right through Charlotte on the way to VA - so that's not so much a big deal to get there... only 2-ish days of driving from West Texas.

Just to give you all a heads up, approximately 20+ cars from the Nova Scotia Mustang Club (NSMC) are planning to attend next year’s 50th anniversary. Because of the distances involved the NSMC will be going to the Charlotte event. At this point we only have two 71-73 Mustangs going (the only two in a Club of about 150 members), one of them is Mach1 Mama. The tentative schedule for our trip to North Carolina is as follows:

1) Depart Halifax NS on the 12th of April 2014 stopping in Portsmouth, NH (route and hotel to be determined).

2) Depart Portsmouth on the 13th and stopping just south of Harrisburg, PA (route and hotel to be determined).

3) Depart Harrisburg on the 14th and arriving our hotel:

Country Inn & Suites

580 Dicken's Place

Concord, NC 28025

Tel: 1-704-793-6777

We have made a group booking and got a substantial rate reduction from $300 down to $90 a night (FOR NSMC MEMBERS ONLY). Most of us are already booked in from the 14th to the 21st of April.

We'll finalize our actual route and remaining stop over hotels as time progresses. If anyone wants to join us in this historic event you're more than welcome, but you'll have to arrange your own accomodations.

I should have more info after we have our nexr planning meeting in May.

We have made a group booking and got a substantial rate reduction from $300 down to $90 a night (FOR NSMC MEMBERS ONLY). Most of us are already booked in from the 14th to the 21st of April.

Well thats not very friendly of you all........... How many did you have to book to get the price drop? Maybe we can do the same for 7173 members

I emailed the official link (MCA) for some answers about the show but know word back yet:dodgy:
Here is tee reply

Kristie Moore

2:10 PM (2 hours ago)

to Mustang, me

Roy,

Everyone is welcome to participate in the 50th anniversary show. Of course

we would love for you to join MCA and take advantage of the many benefits

that we offer! You will be able to drive in and out each day but there will

be set times for arrival and departure per insurance regulations.

Sincerely,

Kristie Moore

National Office Manager

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:41 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Contact MCA: General Info (Roy Whaley)

Can NON MCA members participate in the 2014 Charlotte/Vegas shows? Are you

allowed to drive in and out of the shows daily with your Mustangs. Please

send me some info.

Roy

Sincerely,

Roy Whaley

Last edited by a moderator:
We booked 20 rooms, but I don't know what the minimum required to get a rate discount. That's something that you'll have to negotiate with the Hotel/Motel.

So this is in March of 2014? I doubt I will still have my 71 at that point as the wife is already bugging me to get rid of it... but I would definitely love to go as it is only about a 4 or 5 hour drive, and one I have made several times for work!

OK folks it is time to put your hat in the ring if you are as close to 100% as possible that you are planning on attending in Charlotte. Roy and I have exchanged a few PM's and I have placed a call to the Hampton Inn mentioned above. I am awaiting a return call from Group Sales to find out how many rooms are available and at what price. We will need a solid number very soon as booking for these dates in their online system will be available very soon.

Is there anyone from the oklahoma area planning to go to charlotte or las vegas?

I could go to either one its about the same either way i go.

OK folks it is time to put your hat in the ring if you are as close to 100% as possible that you are planning on attending in Charlotte. Roy and I have exchanged a few PM's and I have placed a call to the Hampton Inn mentioned above. I am awaiting a return call from Group Sales to find out how many rooms are available and at what price. We will need a solid number very soon as booking for these dates in their online system will be available very soon.
Cool thanks let me know what they say

My wife an and I plan on attending, so we need one room. I would also like to know the cancellation policy just in case something comes up and can't attend. Also, do you we need to commit to staying for the whole event (don't remember how many days this last).

Thanks for your effort.

I would think normal cancellation rules will apply for the individual rooms. My request will be to set aside a block of rooms (if we can) for the duration of the show. Dates from the MCA site:

What Are the Official Dates of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration? The official dates of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration will be Wednesday, April 15th to Sunday, April 20th, 2014. There will be other days that will be a part of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration such as the Pony Drives which will start the week before the Celebration. Also, vendor set up and tear down are not included in the official dates. See below for all the details.

sounds great i will be going to the 50th birthday party also. i'm near fort wayne indiana are any of you going from this area?

Back