Mustang 50th Anniversary Charlotte 2014

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what they say about assume...

We registered for Charlotte Dec. 1, 2013 in the MORE group so our car would be with original owners group.

Have been talking back and forth with Kathy Miller ( in charge of original owners group) about the show,

about what car we were bringing, where we were staying etc.so being that we were communicating with

the person in charge of the original owners 64-73 we figured everything was fine... We did not realize that

we were suppose to get a conformation no.. maybe we should have but they have never done that in the past.

We have Steve Prewitt looking into it so I hope he straightens it out..

We are really looking forward to the show so now we wait....

Cars loaded.... we are ready... just waiting for the good to go!!!!!
Steve Prewitt just emailed me we are good to go........ :rolleyes::rolleyes:

looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Looks like those of us leaving WNY and southern Ontario tomorrow for Charlotte might be in for a rough patch of weather and road conditions. Latest WNY and NW PA weather is temps falling tonight in to the low 30's with heavy rain turning into snow by morning. We're hoping to clear Pittsburg and get into WV by 5 or 6pm, but they might have freezing rain. Not good conditions to be pulling a trailer. We hoped to be in Charlotte by Wednesday early afternoon, but if road conditions and weather does not cooperate, it may be Thursday.....we'll hope for the best.

Look forward to meeting some of you. Bill

For anyone on the fence about going I have a double bed room at the Hilton just around the corner from the Hampton Inn for Thur-Sat nights and I am the only one using the room. Send me a email by 11pm Tuesday night to [email protected] if anyone is interested in sharing the room.

Hi everyone, we are at the Country Inn and Suites in Concord. We are also registered with the M.O.R.E. program. I will be with the Nova Scotia Mustang Club. So will Shipwright(although he hasn't posted in awhile). He is participating in the Mustang Across America run. Sounds like he will have some great stories. One of the guys that he was travelling with got to meet Steve Saleen. Which is great because he owns a Saleen Mustang. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
We're heading for Charlotte tomorrow morning and we'll be staying at the Double Tree. Hope to see some awesome 71-73 cars there and also meet their owners.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We're heading for Charlotte tomorrow morning and we'll be staying at the Double Tree. Hope to see some awesome 71-73 cars there and also meet their owners.

It would probably be a lot of fun just checking out the hotel parking lots for Mustangs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I don't know exactly where to put this, but I got an interesting note from a Facebook friend last night.

A little background: "I grew up in Sandy, Utah," and I'm part of an FB group related to the very same thing, talking about life back in the day, meeting up with old friends, et al.

So this guy I met through FB grew up in the same area, but he's about 12 or so years older than I am, so I didn't know him or anything. He saw some pics of my Mustang project and 'friended me' a few months back.

Turns out, he now lives in Manchester, Michigan, either works or has worked for Ford, and has asked me to call him today (or sometime this week) - he wants to share my "passion for Mustangs" with some of his engineer buddies.

Wow. Are you kidding me? My pile might be getting some attention from Ford itself?!

Of course when I talk to him, I'll be putting in a major plug for our site and hopefully, they'll make their rounds to see the guys from our group at the wing-dings this week. I'm pretty sure they have no idea how much of a following our Clydsedales have, or even just how organized and widespread our membership has become.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I just wanted to share this interesting tidbit... and once again express my sadness for not being able to make the party with my ol' junker to represent and hang out with the best brotherhood of Mustangers out there.

We registered for Charlotte Dec. 1, 2013 in the MORE group so our car would be with original owners group.

Have been talking back and forth with Kathy Miller ( in charge of original owners group) about the show,

about what car we were bringing, where we were staying etc.so being that we were communicating with

the person in charge of the original owners 64-73 we figured everything was fine... We did not realize that

we were suppose to get a conformation no.. maybe we should have but they have never done that in the past.

Which section is the original owners group??? We are in Section 12, that is the Nova Scotia Mustang Club.

Had a great time today. Really enjoyed checking out the vendors section but the best part of the day was getting to see some really nice 71-73 cars. Not many but all of them were NICE.

Nice to see what these cars look like properly assembled. I can say without a doubt that of the 3500 cars mine was by far the shabbiest but i loved driven her around the roads near speedway almost as much as walking around inside. The roads near Charlotte motor speedway were sick with stangs. My goal is now to be track ready for the 60th aniv. The guys doing laps around the racetrack were having way more fun than anyone one else.

Had a great time today. Really enjoyed checking out the vendors section but the best part of the day was getting to see some really nice 71-73 cars. Not many but all of them were NICE.

Nice to see what these cars look like properly assembled. I can say without a doubt that of the 3500 cars mine was by far the shabbiest but i loved driven her around the roads near speedway almost as much as walking around inside. The roads near Charlotte motor speedway were sick with stangs. My goal is now to be track ready for the 60th aniv. The guys doing laps around the racetrack were having way more fun than anyone one else.
It was nice to put a face to a car. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. There was one of our club members from Nova Scotia running the track yesterday and he was having the time of his life.

I was able to see mustang68's car, but unfortunately you weren't with your car. I actually spent most of the time checking out vendors and the swap meet. Also, some friends from our club had there car on the track, so we spent the morning in the pit area with them. Very cool.

Your car is stunning, excellent job.

HI,

We will be in Springfield IL. for the MCA show if you happen to go there. We are also going to Ford Carlisle and to Michigan in August..

Charlotte was a great show..

It was nice to put a face to a car. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. There was one of our club members from Nova Scotia running the track yesterday and he was having the time of his life.

I was able to see mustang68's car, but unfortunately you weren't with your car. I actually spent most of the time checking out vendors and the swap meet. Also, some friends from our club had there car on the track, so we spent the morning in the pit area with them. Very cool.

Your car is stunning, excellent job.

Back