Mustang Build - Take Two!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah.... No.

I guess the British Sci-Fi is just a little too weird for me, or something.  I don't know.

Actually the latest incarnation of Dr. Who is quite good. The whole family enjoys it. The first season is a little somber but the second starts hitting it's stride and gets quite enjoyable. Stargate was another family favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's the repairs going ? Haven't seen any pics lately. Looks good so far. That wreck was a bummer but hopefully it'll be better as a result. Looking forward to progress.

Been gathering parts and materials. Itching to get started, starting to get warm enough and I have a week off soon. Just looked outside to see the snowplow pushed the mailbox backwards. That box has been there around 20 years.

Computercarguy ; Been gathering parts and materials. Itching to get started, starting to get warm enough and I have a week off soon. Just looked outside to see the snowplow pushed the mailbox backwards. That box has been there around 20 years.

Geese thought that stuff only happened to me, lol, yup spring is about here. Looking forward to seeing some progress.  I don't make much progress either in the colder weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally getting back at it. Got a little done today.

P_20170409_152143_1.jpg

Hi. I haven't taken many pictures lately but my work is progressing. Trunk floor is installed, taillight panel attatched (except where right quarter attaches) and fuel tank has been installed. Will order the quarter panel when I get back from a trip. 

What I can share is my first 3D printing project... some fender badges! What is hard to see are the three stripes followed by 351 Powered by Ford. There will be some painting to provide contrast. Maybe a dark grey bar with a red, white and blue set of stripes followed by 351 Powered by Ford in blue? MUSTANG remains black.

P_20170518_171823_1.jpg

Looks like a cool project so far, love the 3D emblems and would like to see them painted up

Hopefully soon we will be able to print repop parts and all we have to buy is a program for the design

More stuff to report on. These are laser cut. Still tweaking, but you get the idea.

P_20170525_165552_1.jpg

P_20170525_165633_1.jpg

P_20170526_144951_1.jpg

Look at that nice original trunck. lid...score!

P_20170526_144924_1.jpg

And the mising piece of the puzzle arrived today.

P_20170526_144839_1.jpg

[align=center]Lots to do.

[/align]

Wow!  Coming along nicely!  ::thumb::

Looks like you fixed that 'drafty' condition from the trunk area.   :whistling:

P_20170529_163039.jpg

Started cutting the quarter off. A nasty surprise was waiting for me. Appears it's life by the sea took another piece of metal. Bad window seal and salt water are not a good combination. Being from the north and inland, I'm not used to cars rotting from the top down.

Unless I can dig one up, I guess I have some fabricating to do.  :mad:

P_20170529_163002.jpg

Well, got a donor piece for the inner structure and welded it into place. That was the good news. Got all of the lead removed from the roof to quarter panel seam only to find rust holes. Rust didn't contain itself to the quarter panel side. Had to cut back into the roof and then I had to rebuild part of the inner structure as the quarter panel didn't have much left that was solid to weld to. That means I will have to create and weld in a curved piece with two additional angles, keep it from warping and make it waterproof. Right, nothing to it. Well if there is a silver lining I guess it is the fact I don't have the problem of tucking the quarter panel under the roof when I install it. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Started getting the quarter panel on. Used panel adheasive around the wheelwheel and in front of the wheet (I also used some metal screws from the inside to help hold that bit). Using adheasive there was based on the recommendation of a bodyshop owner I know. Not a lot of structual stress there and it also helps seal it. Everywhere else will be welded. Those are homemade trunk corners.

WP_20170619_001-1.jpg

WP_20170619_002.jpg

Back