My new project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't many 71 M codes left out there, let the Torino keep it's engine.

Although many areas of Afghanistan are safer than some of our inner cities there are real hardships serving in that area of the World that most Americans can't fathom; your sacificies are deeply appreciated. Watch you back and trust only your fellow Americans.

Jim

Just picked up a new project, 71 Mach 1 M Code in pretty much all original condition. It definitely needs some work but it fills the hole in my life I've had since selling my first car, a 73 Mach 1 H Code. I'm currently in Afghanistan using my free time to research parts and prices. I also plan on selling my 05 GT and parting out a 72 Gran Torino Sport (351CJ 4spd) to help fund the resto/restomod on the 71.
Welcome from Washington state....My first car was a 73 mach 1 q code..that i still own..and i would have a huge hole if i had to sell the old girl...lol...Good to see ya found a new one...And be safe over there Sir!!

Unfortunately I don't think there's a lot of crossover between the Torino 4 speed setup and a mustang setup, the tranny itself is too long (27" vs 24.5"). In future I'd like to convert to a 5 spd setup, possibly the modern driveline kit. I bought the Torino basically because I knew the motor/4 spd setup were worth the price I paid even if the rest of the car turned out to be more work/time/money than I'm willing to put into that particular car, which it is. I'd rather offer the parts up to those who need them than hoard them in my garage.

Welcome from Virginia! If you are parting the torino send me some prices. I would love to change the Starsky and Hutch over to a 4spd. Always trying to find a 72-73 4spd car to get pedals, trans and driveshaft!
I'll have to do a little research to even have an idea on prices. How much of the setup do you need? I should have everything as the car did move under its own power at one point before I tore it down.

::welcome:: From San Diego. Looks like nice Mach 1 project. What part of Connecticut are you from. I was born in Stamford and raised in Southburry before moving to San Diego. What are your plans for the Mach 1?
I make my home in South Windsor, CT when I'm not over in this s**thole. Initially I plan to work on the body and get it patched up then probably move on to suspension, brakes, interior. I'd like to do the Cobra brake conversion as I have the stock wheels from my 05 GT that I could put on. Not planning on any crazy modifications. I'd like a nice, safe car that I don't really worry about driving anytime I feel like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you find it locally?

Did you find it locally?
I did find it locally, down in Morris, CT on craigslist. There's actually been quite a few in the area recently.

Picture of the torino and marti report for the mustang below

The torino looks ok but the body is BAD

IMAG0005.jpg

rptMain_352.pdf

Attachments

• rptMain_352.pdf
    90.4 KB · Views: 5
Welcome from Navarre FL..I spent alot of time over there myself (Bagram), your right it is a S***hole!

Keep your wits about you and good luck!

What service are you in?

T2
Army National guard, doing route clearance in kandahar province

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! Looks like an excellent project!

::welcome::

a shout out from my VAN down by the River!.... keep the 4spd but if not... I have a friend with that exact Torino ...he would probably be a good buyer!!!

Pm if interested.

and to you and all your brothers over there a HUGE SHOUT OUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back