Need a Canadian engine rebuilder

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 Vert
4R70W
351C 2V 441 hp @ 6000 RPM
SEFI EEC-V (2004)
Weiand 7615 intake
Edlbrk 61629 heads
Icon flattops 10.66:1
Comp Hyd cam Hyd rollers
Hey folks, not sure if there are other Canadians on this site or not but I live in Alberta and need a reference for an engine rebuilder. I have been completely overwhelmed with the information on the 351 Cleveland and want the rebuild to offer something special.

Hey folks, not sure if there are other Canadians on this site or not but I live in Alberta and need a reference for an engine rebuilder. I have been completely overwhelmed with the information on the 351 Cleveland and want the rebuild to offer something special.
Hmmm... Ft McMurray? Long way away. I am in Niagara Falls, Ontario. I had my original 429 cobra jet engine rebuilt by an old school engine builder here in Niagara-on-the Lake (just across from Buffalo, NY) three year's ago. He is getting up there in age and is really a GM guy, but took my engine on because of the rarity of the car... There are not many good old school engine builder's left here in Ontario... There must be a good re-builder out West, Calgary/Edmonton? I know there a couple West guy's on this site, so hopefully they will chime in here with some references for you. 

On a side note, my cousin works in the oil industry up there as a welder, for many year's now. He lives in Edmonton these day's...

Hmmm... Ft McMurray? Long way away. I am in Niagara Falls, Ontario. I had my original 429 cobra jet engine rebuilt by an old school engine builder here in Niagara-on-the Lake (just across from Buffalo, NY) three year's ago. He is getting up there in age and is really a GM guy, but took my engine on because of the rarity of the car... There are not many good old school engine builder's left here in Ontario... There must be a good re-builder out West, Calgary/Edmonton? I know there a couple West guy's on this site, so hopefully they will chime in here with some references for you. 

On a side note, my cousin works in the oil industry up there as a welder, for many year's now. He lives in Edmonton these day's...
Thanks for the comments. I see a lot of people commuting to Fort McMurray to work. Edmonton is the closest large centre and the majority of commuters come from there. There has been a huge drop in the economy up here in the last 8 years and people are starting to afford living in this community so I hope a lot of folks take up residency. I know there are a lot of engine rebuilders in Edmonton/Calgary I was just hoping to find someone that has a passion for the Cleveland.

Back