• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need c6 driveshaft for 73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i had a SBF c6 car, then i switched to a 460 c6, i had to have the driveline shortened. to be exact, it was 1.5 inches. the c6 on a 460 is longer than the SBF c6. the 429 megasite shows pictures of this.

i have a 73 as well and when i did my tko600 swap, i needed the driveline longer and it was longer than the c6 was originally.

i believe even the 31 spline output yokes on 73's are 1310's which are small u joints and are the same as 6cyl cars. hell, with my 460 and manual trans, i didn't really break one until i put on sticky street tires and power shifted into 2nd gear.

i got OEM 1310 driveshaft end yokes if you are interested. i'm pretty sure you will have to go to a driveline shop and have one custom made to what you got.

i traded a bunch of parts to MotorCityMustang including 2 drive shafts. One of them was for a C6 and had the yoke on it. I havent seen him re list it for sale yet. Get a hold of Mike there.

i traded a bunch of parts to MotorCityMustang including 2 drive shafts. One of them was for a C6 and had the yoke on it. I havent seen him re list it for sale yet. Get a hold of Mike there.
if he can get a SBF c6 driveline then that'll be a good starting point. but he's still going to need to get it shortened and rebalanced. cross your fingers though if it is the same u joint style series.

I have the driveshaft sitting at my building if your interested. Just let me know. Mike gave me a case of special beer when we picked up the parts, but you can't have that!!!

I have the driveshaft sitting at my building if your interested. Just let me know. Mike gave me a case of special beer when we picked up the parts, but you can't have that!!!
What beer was that?? Some Iron City :p

lol Yuegling or however you spell it

You havent finished it yet Mike???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back