New from Cordova TN 72 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seat frame has several cracks. Looks like I am getting a mig welder this weekend. So far I am not liking upholstery work. Not fun but I will like it better when we were done.

Seat frame has several cracks. Looks like I am getting a mig welder this weekend. So far I am not liking upholstery work. Not fun but I will like it better when we were done.
Make sure to get one that that allows use of shielding gas. I don't know what your experience level is, but flux core MIG welding is a PITA and not suitable for thin material.

Make sure to get one that that allows use of shielding gas. I don't know what your experience level is, but flux core MIG welding is a PITA and not suitable for thin material.
So, I guess a flux core is not the right tool for this job. I have very little to weld. May just take it to a welder and have it done, I have to wait for the hog rings to arrive since they don't come with the seat covers. How dumb is that.

Welcome from coastal Alabama. Be sure to put a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

I have decided that upholstery work sucks. The seat frames are razor sharp and one slip and you are bleeding like a stuck pig. The seat covers I bought don't quite look perfect on the back and they are incredibly tight. Wonder if I don't have original seats to start. They were cloth and not naugahyde.

crack.jpg

seatback.jpg

seatback1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit a snag in my project, have to have spinal surgery to repair a exploded disk. I have been in severe pain for the last week and the seats came to a standstill. Would love to hear some insight on why seat covers seam off at the bottom. Is it possible I have wrong seat backs? Is it possible I have wrong year seats?

Ugh that stinks.. which disc? I have been walking around on a blown out L5-S1 for the past 13yrs..

keep us updated on things post surgery, I've been putting it off way to long.

No surgery today, blood pressure was too high. What next, this sucks.

Best wishes on the back. Mine is a kills me alot, but just have not gone to the Dr, to get what I would suspect is bad news. The seats for 71-73 are pretty much the same no matter what trim level. I chose not to install my own covers given I had them sewn up by TMI with original comfortweave and gray banding. I could not handle the pressure of wrecking $100's of dollars of investment by installing them wrong or ripping. I do know a great interior guy here in town that has low overhead and does great work. Better than Don's Upholstery in my opinion.

I learned a lot on the passenger seat. I agree that paying professionals is not a bad thing but you can't learn if you don't try. I have my surgery to fuse c5 and c6. I am in such misery that I would take about anything right not. Lost 12 pounds in the last week and I can't sleep. Pain meds don't work so I stopped taking them. It would be hard to live life with this contant pain.

I survived my surgery and now I can get back to the car in a few days. Thanks god everything still works. Was a little leery of working right next to my spin cord. My baby has been neglected and now it needs to be finished. Going to take it to the shop and have them make it run right. That should be fun.

Here is a video my wife took a couple of weeks ago. Got to love the color and I need to put the stripes on. They are in the garage waiting on my unmotivated self to give the car some love.

I learned a lot on the passenger seat. I agree that paying professionals is not a bad thing but you can't learn if you don't try. I have my surgery to fuse c5 and c6. I am in such misery that I would take about anything right not. Lost 12 pounds in the last week and I can't sleep. Pain meds don't work so I stopped taking them. It would be hard to live life with this contant pain.
as i recall u had a lamenectomy or disc fusion in your spine. After 28 yrs since mine and still pain shoots down my left leg and the worst to top of the foot-i rub generous amount of ben gay to the area of the surgery and where the muscles feel a nawing and where the pain in the foot. After all this time from pain meds of percocet which i learned to take in moderation during the waking hours then tylenol w/codeine then darvocet and now ultram or tramodal generic name w/side effects of constipation. Then baclofen a muscle relaxer and a lot of perseverance to stay active and working out. Finally waiting for a tens unit to relieve pain n stiffness. Just a matter of pain management from their-have my good n bad days but worked a heavy demanding of physical labor in postal mail processing for 10 yrs after surgery then had to retire but kept up the workouts. Good luck

Sounding great - but for god's sake, put those shorter shackles as high on your priority list. That gap between the wheel and the rear quarter at 0:16 in the video really does look a bit unsettling!

-Kurt

I am going to cut the grass, go replace the front springs and work on the rear. Looks like the exhaust and rear shackle will be right on each other. Hope it does not rattle. I look at it every day when I drive home and don't like the look. Think I may order so 50 series tires also because ride quality is quite different between the 14 with 70 on front and 15 with 65 on rear. Ride is not as comfy as it could be. Think older cars need extra tire to make suspension work right. My 65 also hopped about a bit on wash board roads. Not that comfy.

Neck fusion turned out really good. Thumb is finally coming back to life, strength in left arm is returning, and pain is almost gone. Muscle relaxers at night seems to be the only med needs. Saving the pain pills for the Zombie apocalypse.

Where do I look to see if my car is numbers matching. Where do I find the vin on Tranny and Engine?

Where do I look to see if my car is numbers matching. Where do I find the vin on Tranny and Engine?
There's a VIN stamped on the block around the starter in some obscure godforsaken place.

What's your present VIN code? Does it match the buck tag on the radiator support? If you are a Q or R-code, I'd go straight to the corner of the cylinder heads looking for a "4" casting in them.

-Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back