New from Cordova TN 72 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads are 4 but vin is for a 2 barrel Mach. Atleast the number on the dash matches the title, that has to be worth something. I think the motor needs love so it goes to the shop tomorrow and I will let them tell me what numbers they are. they can get under it without having to lay in the street.

Heads are 4 but vin is for a 2 barrel Mach. Atleast the number on the dash matches the title, that has to be worth something. I think the motor needs love so it goes to the shop tomorrow and I will let them tell me what numbers they are. they can get under it without having to lay in the street. Isn't there a number on the tranny as well? My 65 was stamped in an easy to see spot on the fender, this cars must be a little more elusive. It would be nice if someone would post pictures of all the important spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
The car is now lower and looking a whole lot better. I am liking the look for sure.

lowered mustang 1.jpg

lowered mustang 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a fairly clean Bright Lime Green Mach 1 last week and I am sure I will spend a good bit of time here learning the nuances of the 72. I had 2 65 coupes and this is my first Fastback. The car looks great but does not currently run great. I will be asking a ton of questions on tuning. The PO looked to be building a beast but never got it right. It has full length headers, flowmaster exhaust with 3 3/4 inch pipes, ported manifold, MSD ignition, and who knows what else. Does not smoke but carb is suspect for sure. Looking forward to learning. I also have a Harley Sporty that has been with me since birth in 1993. I like my toys.
love the 'key lime sunshine' paint look like the orange w/yellow tinted i call miami sunshine and orange with a little spritzer of yellow ie for a kind of flavoring look as back in a day those mid 70s stingray owners repainted their with ~ emeron a mother of pearl before the flip flop paint themes came out. As for my existing 3 inch hookers to 2 1/4 inch to h pipe to series 40 flowmasters i would much more appreciate 3 inch pipes through an x pipe cross over to series 10 flowmasters then leave the rest down as the 2 1/4s as do not matter but feel a cut out in the middle of the x or a pair of cut out gates just before the h pipe would do just as good for performance ane efficiency-your input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back