New Magnum 500 questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the pictures those wheels WERE DEFINITIVELY mounted or damaged prior to you receiving them..Probley a simple matter that they were restocked & sold again (To You) I have never had an issue with returning anything to summit & they have always gone out of their way for me to make it right make sure I was satisfied...

Looking at the pictures those wheels WERE DEFINITIVELY mounted or damaged prior to you receiving them..Probley a simple matter that they were restocked & sold again (To You) I have never had an issue with returning anything to summit & they have always gone out of their way for me to make it right make sure I was satisfied...
+1 I had a couple of gauges break on me and I contacted summit about the warranty. They shipped me new ones no questions asked and even picked up the broken ones, I was quite pleased with their customer service.

I just got my new Magnum 500s in the mail. Noticed some imperfections. Is this normal or should I send them back? These are shots from each rim. Each one has small nicks in the chrome.
I would send them back. Noticed cheap job chroming them as this garage left my stang out in the weather as garage owner that was to do some work come down with heart problems, no telling when he'd get to it, no room in his shop to take up for the work the rest were turning over. the No time at all, chrome just fell off and rusted up under neath within just weeks thereafter. There was no recourse as I could see with those circumstances. When you get the exchange hope you put some good finish's on it, always garage kept, even climate control and kept dry.

Just canceled my order. After many emails and calls, summit is now saying it will be the middle of February before I get them in (maybe). They blame Wheel Vintiques, but could not answer why they list them on their site as shipping today.

Anyone used JEGS before?

Just canceled my order. After many emails and calls, summit is now saying it will be the middle of February before I get them in (maybe). They blame Wheel Vintiques, but could not answer why they list them on their site as shipping today.

Anyone used JEGS before?
Wow...That sucks..And yes...I use Jegs most...Never had a issue with them...Nor with freinds returning stuff too them....I got the best deal on my 351 manifold from them at the time...Got my cam and kit from them too....They havent sent me any junk yet {knocks on wood}

You defenatly need to keep a eye on what you get..lol..I drove truck for a shipping company that dealed in auto parts and tractor parts..We delivered freight too John Deer and local auto parts stores like auto zone....And always check your parts soon as you get them...Warehouses can be hard on them...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a set from CJ Pony Parts on Jan 6. Their site does not indicate what is/is not in stock, but they called soon after and said they were on back order until Jan 16 (today). I haven't heard anything since but will post when I do.

I ordered a set from CJ Pony Parts on Jan 6. Their site does not indicate what is/is not in stock, but they called soon after and said they were on back order until Jan 16 (today). I haven't heard anything since but will post when I do.
Standard answer check back on Tuesday

Ran down to have the tires put on the rims. Three if them were ok, but the other wobbles and is warped. That means of the 8 Wheel Vintiques, 5 of them have been bad. Sending it back Monday and should get a new one in a couple of weeks.

REALLY?!? I'd understand getting a batch of duds that u stop sending out when u notice or one getting egged dropped while being shipped. But this is rediculous.

Without a really good explanation and some killer customer service (like they overnight a replacement and eat the cost or cover the cost of mounting the bad one...) I would say that the company is a dud...

I cannot blame the retailer for this, but I do blame Wheel Vintiques. I was hoping an all US company would do better.

JEGS has agreed to pay for shipping and replace it. Hopefully these companies will have words with the manufacture.

I went to the store and asked. Originally they were 95 on the website for 235/60/15s but the next day they disappeared. I called and spoke with the manager and they found them. By the time I had them mounted, a sale was running on all BF tires, so he dropped it for me.

+1 I had a couple of gauges break on me and I contacted summit about the warranty. They shipped me new ones no questions asked and even picked up the broken ones, I was quite pleased with their customer service.
Quite right, re: Summit. Anything you get from them, they stand by their products.

With Sears, they mounted my Magnum 500 X 8's to BFG 15 X 60 X 45's, which was not purchased from them, of course although service like anyother customer however they did it "under the table" as explained to me the same as from all those other shops that refused to mount them, reason was these items are not manufacturer specs for the 72 mustang. Those that turned me down included the Ford garages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my rims from JEGS today. They look great. I had ordered my tires fro Sears a few weeks ago but they are now on sale for $89. They refunded me the difference.
How are you those BFGs for $89?????

$177 for 275-60-15 and $155 for 245-60-15 on there website!
Before my pc shuts down again, (something going on w/internet) but and this is 7th attempt to get this to you, w/ a tiny pic, the 275's will they fit on any 72 model without reconstruction of wheel well? My 245's in rear with 15 x 8: magnum wheels, keeping the 225'sx7 on front but when the 245's burn out, would be thinking of 275's, (through Summit?)

Back