New problem today, car won't shut off

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the engine still keep running with the key in the off position? Or it still keeps running and the starter stays engaged with the key in the off position?

Chuck

just a little note. Apparently some starter solenoids are reversed they look the same but need to be connected the opposite way. That happened to me when I blew my solenoid. I had ordered it from an online site out of province. I thought it wasn't good so I went to the my local parts store and bought an other one. When I told that to some people on an other forum they told me that some after market ones are reversed. I didn't check because I had one[/i] in there that was working but that is what I have been told in the past.

just a little note. Apparently some starter solenoids are reversed they look the same but need to be connected the opposite way. That happened to me when I blew my solenoid. I had ordered it from an online site out of province. I thought it wasn't good so I went to the my local parts store and bought an other one. When I told that to some people on an other forum they told me that some after market ones are reversed. I didn't check because I had one[/i] in there that was working but that is what I have been told in the past.
Eric, you made me think for a minute, so I went out and checked but the posts are labed S and I and hooked up right. Thanks.

Back