Parking pawl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John glad to hear you got the trans problem resolved. Hopefully the weather improves so we can drive them. I am tired of all the rain.

John J

Thanks John, I will be very happy when I get my car back. I can’t wait to drive it, but ya we need some better weather for sure. Even if I had it here I couldn’t take it out for a drive.

Well, I just talked to the owner of the shop where my car is, and it’s a good thing I had them go thru my transmission. Turns out that it wasn’t going to last much longer either. The trans builder said that whoever did a so called rebuild on it only replaced the clutches. And they put a brass bushing or something in backwards. There was some other issues with a pump housing? Not really sure exactly what it was, not that familiar with transmissions, but whatever it was it wasn’t something that normally needs replacing. I’ll find out more info next week. The seals weren’t even replaced. Unbelievable!

So of course it was worse than I thought, but I’m sure glad I found out now instead of later. They will start putting it back in my car Monday or Tuesday, then that should be it. Still have to wait for the insurance company to pay the shop, so hopefully they don’t take too long.

I am waiting to hear back from the insurance company. An adjuster was there last week to check out the transmission issue. Was supposed to hear back by today, but nothing as of yet.

Ya I had the engine rebuilt but why would insurance pay for any of it? They only paid for the stuff on the front of the engine that was damaged.

I didn’t pay anything extra for the extra work on the repo parts. The shop worked it out with the insurance company.

I agree that the insurance should take care of the transmission issue. That’s what I am trying to get done. But I do want to get it back home and deal with it here instead of 2 hours away.

Thanks Don, hopefully this is almost over. Just getting frustrated with some of this.
John, sorry I thought you posted they charged you extra for trying to aline the fender and door better and the ins co would not pay as it was a repro fender ?

I wouldn't expect them to pay for the engine rebuild but it was hit so as long as they covered some of it.

I just remember you getting hit with a large bill. Hope they take care of the trans for you
I did have to pay for them to replace the door hinges. They were original and really worn out. The accident didn’t damage those, that was up to me.

Well, of course it cost more than I thought it would for the engine rebuild, but it was not that big of a deal.

The part that was way more than I thought was the headers and custom h pipe.

And another thing that I didn’t expect was how screwed up my brakes were. Not that they didn’t work good, they actually did. But the guy that rebuilt my car hodgepodged the brakes together. He used a distribution valve instead of a proportioning valve for the front disc brakes. So I had them replace it with the correct valve and it leaked so they had to replace it with another new one. Then after that the master cylinder was leaking and it was pretty old and rusty so I had that replaced. They then discovered that the rear wheel cylinders were mismatched and one of the adjusters was froze up. Had all that rebuilt and then they still couldn’t get the brakes to bleed. Turns out the damn front calipers were on the wrong side. Paul said he has never had a car come in his shop like that, so it was about the last thing he checked. He said he feels horrible that it took so long to figure out. Hell, it’s my car and I never noticed it before and I have looked at them countless times. But, I never had to do anything to them.

Not really sure how they were bleed before, reverse bled? So they spent a ton of time screwing with them and getting them right. He sent me pics too so I wouldn’t think he was just trying to add more work.

So this has just snowballed into more work than I thought. Unbelievable
John, glad they helped out on the trans

I talked to Paul a few times and he seemed like a good guy.

I just saw you kept getting more bills piled on your side VS ins co.

I see now you had them do a lot of optional work, my mistake.

The car is gorgeous.... it will be nice to cruise around in now ... don't wear out the rear tires too soon

John, sorry I thought you posted they charged you extra for trying to aline the fender and door better and the ins co would not pay as it was a repro fender ?

I wouldn't expect them to pay for the engine rebuild but it was hit so as long as they covered some of it.

I just remember you getting hit with a large bill. Hope they take care of the trans for you
I did have to pay for them to replace the door hinges. They were original and really worn out. The accident didn’t damage those, that was up to me.

Well, of course it cost more than I thought it would for the engine rebuild, but it was not that big of a deal.

The part that was way more than I thought was the headers and custom h pipe.

And another thing that I didn’t expect was how screwed up my brakes were. Not that they didn’t work good, they actually did. But the guy that rebuilt my car hodgepodged the brakes together. He used a distribution valve instead of a proportioning valve for the front disc brakes. So I had them replace it with the correct valve and it leaked so they had to replace it with another new one. Then after that the master cylinder was leaking and it was pretty old and rusty so I had that replaced. They then discovered that the rear wheel cylinders were mismatched and one of the adjusters was froze up. Had all that rebuilt and then they still couldn’t get the brakes to bleed. Turns out the damn front calipers were on the wrong side. Paul said he has never had a car come in his shop like that, so it was about the last thing he checked. He said he feels horrible that it took so long to figure out. Hell, it’s my car and I never noticed it before and I have looked at them countless times. But, I never had to do anything to them.

Not really sure how they were bleed before, reverse bled? So they spent a ton of time screwing with them and getting them right. He sent me pics too so I wouldn’t think he was just trying to add more work.

So this has just snowballed into more work than I thought. Unbelievable
John, glad they helped out on the trans

I talked to Paul a few times and he seemed like a good guy.

I just saw you kept getting more bills piled on your side VS ins co.

I see now you had them do a lot of optional work, my mistake.

The car is gorgeous.... it will be nice to cruise around in now ... don't wear out the rear tires too soon
Don, I had them do a lot of extra stuff so it was probably hard to keep up with, well except for me, lol. It really did turn out great and it’s everything was hoping for. We did have a couple minor miss understandings, but nothing that we couldn’t resolve easily. I really couldn’t be happier.

Back