Pulled up the carpet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sport Roof
I wasn't sure what I was going to find, and truth be told, I was a little scared after seeing pictures here on the forum about others' floor pans.

I started on the front passenger side, the nut needed some persuading to come off...

vqp72e.jpg

This is why you need to buy quality tools:

2j0gk07.jpg

Front passenger carpet coming up:

29zyamx.jpg

And what I found wasn't too bad. I'm feeling encouraged.

4j5pfk.jpg

Pulled up the rest of the carpet...what would I find?

Holy crap! Am I one lucky SOB or what?

i5rls3.jpg

24bp8bn.jpg

I cleaned up the rust on the front passenger side. It looks like I'll have to do a little patch work there, but there is only a little surface rust on the other floor pans.

t7o4km.jpg

I even found one build sheet, but the top left corner was under some glue in the rear driver floor pan. I only was able to salvage 3/4 of it. :(

2wqepgx.jpg

All in all, a good day and I'm really happy with the lack of rust. That's why you get an Arizona car! :cool:

Sweet! I know I have a few issues on the drivers side. I found a soft spot under the car!

WOW, that looks great.

Looks great. Mine still had the original factory paint.

I see you have the automatic seat release. Have been told that is a rare option. Congradulations on the build sheet.

mike

I wasn't sure what I was going to find, and truth be told, I was a little scared after seeing pictures here on the forum about others' floor pans.

Always a tense moment. I also was lucky:

http://www.jimmythegreat.com/mach1/

Wirebrushed the surface rust, used rust revolver on it, came out well.

The trunk on the other hand I'm having to patch and replace pieces of the rear quarters.
Hey, Jimmy, that is some great documentation and great work! When you get a chance, please start a Garage and include the information about your project. Well done!

Doc

Pulling up the carpet is usually a very expensive move! :)

Guess you were lucky.
Hey Mike, I was very lucky! I'm going to get it soda blasted soon so we'll see how lucky I really am. :D

Always a tense moment. I also was lucky:

http://www.jimmythegreat.com/mach1/

Wirebrushed the surface rust, used rust revolver on it, came out well.

The trunk on the other hand I'm having to patch and replace pieces of the rear quarters.
I have to patch a few spots in the quarters as well. My dad did most of the trunk area (including primer), but there are one or two spots that are not good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back