Sequential tail lights - best I've seen so far...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a set and just got them in.

anonymous picture share sites
It is not a hard install. If you hook up the pink wire (key on power) take a few pics on how you route it and where you tie in. I've not tackled this yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed these today, and they are bright!

But, I can't get them to work at all with the EL-12L-1 low current draw flasher that was suggested in the instructions. And of course, I get hyperflash from the passenger side with the stock flasher.

May I ask if you used the same low current flasher? If so, where did you connect the wire?

The gentleman at autozone said I just need the LED load resistors, and I'm thinking of just going that route.

Did you find a good route for the pink wire?

Not really sure if the plug is the same but I have used the EP-27 flasher before when installing led turn signals on other Ford vehicles. Don't think the flasher relay cost that much, may be worth a try. I have also soldered the resisters in but the EP-27 flasher relay was so much faster. Good luck.

Tom

Not really sure if the plug is the same but I have used the EP-27 flasher before when installing led turn signals on other Ford vehicles.  Don't think the flasher relay cost that much, may be worth a try. I have also soldered the resisters in but the EP-27 flasher relay was so much faster. Good luck.

Tom
Thanks Tom, I'll give that one a try.

Not really sure if the plug is the same but I have used the EP-27 flasher before when installing led turn signals on other Ford vehicles.  Don't think the flasher relay cost that much, may be worth a try. I have also soldered the resisters in but the EP-27 flasher relay was so much faster. Good luck.

Tom
Thanks Tom, I'll give that one a try.
Unfortunately the EP27 has too many contacts. However, I contacted Easy Performance, and they now have their own proprietary solid state flasher module for $20, that they claim will operate with input voltages ranging from 5 to 20 volts, and loads from 0.0 to 10 amps.

I've ordered one, and will have it Thursday. I'll work on it this weekend & report back.

Looks awesome, skeet!  ::thumb::

Can you check in the set-up instructions to see if there any way to have the brake lights come on all at once, with the signals still sequential?  Also, how to the reverse lights look with the brakes applied?

Can you check in the set-up instructions to see if there any way to have the brake lights come on all at once, with the signals still sequential?  Also, how to the reverse lights look with the brakes applied?
Thanks Eric!

I checked the instructions, and didn't see any way to have the brake lights come on all at once while the turn & hazards remain sequential, sorry.

The LED's are all red, so the reverse portion of the lens shines red. There are separate white LED's on the panels for the reverse lights.

Hope this helps  :)

Steve

Thanks Eric!

I checked the instructions, and didn't see any way to have the brake lights come on all at once while the turn & hazards remain sequential, sorry.

The LED's are all red, so the reverse portion of the lens shines red. There are separate white LED's on the panels for the reverse lights.

Steve
It does - thanks!  Now the big question: when the reverse lights are on, and the brake is engaged, do the red LEDs in the reverse light area stay lit, or do they shut off [while the reverse lights are on]?  Probably a dumb question, because that would mean the reverse lights would be pink.

skeet76:

This may be a silly question, but do you need a separate unit for each side?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
mjseakan, 

They are sold by the pair, and come with everything you need to set them up, with the exception of the low current draw flasher. Definitely buy the the solid state flasher from Easy Products if you buy a set. It'll save a bunch of hassle and time.

Thanks Eric!

Steve
It does - thanks!  Now the big question: when the reverse lights are on, and the brake is engaged, do the red LEDs in the reverse light area stay lit, or do they shut off [while the reverse lights are on]?  Probably a dumb question, because that would mean the reverse lights would be pink.
Unfortunately, I can't answer that at this time. One of the previous owners shoehorned the 351W, and 4 speed top loader in this car, and forgot, or just didn't bother hooking the reverse lights up. And I have just let it go...yes I know...I'm a slacker   :whistling:

Skeet76:

Thanks for your reply.

I must have misunderstood. I was thinkinking (hoping) that I could get the flasher unit for $20 and use it with original taillights.

Mike

Skeet76:

Thanks for your reply.

I must have misunderstood. I was thinkinking (hoping) that I could get the flasher unit for $20 and use it with original taillights.

Mike

Mike,

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the led lights, not the flasher. 

Yes, the sell the flasher by itself. Did you just replace the incandescent bulbs with the LED's?

Here's a post I found helpful, just in case:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-led-lights-and-flashers-polarity-matters

Thanks Eric!

Steve
Unfortunately, I can't answer that at this time. One of the previous owners shoehorned the 351W, and 4 speed top loader in this car, and forgot, or just didn't bother hooking the reverse lights up. And I have just let it go...yes I know...I'm a slacker   :whistling:
Stuff happens, and getting all the final details taken care of can actually take longer than the big jobs - I've been stalled on many of the final details of my projects for several years now.  Thanks for all the info you've provided so far - I think I might be in the market for a set of these (after I get a couple of more pressing things done, that is - I still need to get the new RCCI console clock installed and settle up with The Rocketman, for instance - which is my new priority, if the weather would only cooperate).

You're welcome! I'm glad this forum is available & we can all help each other.

I hear that! I took mine for a drive after I got everything buttoned up on these, and my next project presented itself...as one of the other threads was titled...'The dreaded heater core" yikes haha

Here is a video of my lights after I finished...

skeet76:

No worries, after I posted I thought my  question might not have been clear.

I haven't replaced the incandescent bulbs yet, I am thinking about it though. Thanks for the link.

In regards to my original question, I'm still unclear as to if I need a flasher for each side.

Thanks again,

Mike

Skeet76:

Thanks for your reply.

Mike

Mike,

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the led lights, not the flasher. 

Yes, the sell the flasher by itself. Did you just replace the incandescent bulbs with the LED's?

Here's a post I found helpful, just in case:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-led-lights-and-flashers-polarity-matters

One flasher runs both sides of the turn signals. A separate flasher for the hazard lights (all four flashing).
Don,

That's what I wanted to hear!

Thanks,

Mike

just wondering if someone has installed this lately? it was mentioned about the 4 way flasher.. i didn't know there was a second flasher or did i get that wrong and we only have one flasher ?????? also with install is just the rear panel removed and replaced with new or remove the whole thing to install. my car is in sleepy winter time and covered and to lazy to uncover and open trunk.

Back