SN71

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, cowl is primed, seam sealed, and patches glued in, and last night I started on the subframe connectors. I should be finishing them up tonight or tomorrow night :D

784f39af.jpg

83913cbb.jpg

739c156c.jpg

5345acd3.jpg

03422dc8.jpg

I got the other connector fabricated last night and ran out of welding wire halfway through the install!

I'll pick up another spool and finish it up over the weekend.

8546b877.jpg

4d2a3303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great... I did not realize the front and rear subframes were not inline...
If they're supposed to be in line I'm in big trouble! ;)

They're not the same height either so they have to go in-board and up from back to front. I got the design here: http://www.tinmanfabrication.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=47/category_id=-1/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd47.htm and made them myself for 50 bucks worth of 2x2x1/8" tubing. I made mine a bit longer to tie into my IRS brackets and make the front mounting point stronger.

Ok, so it was a little more than 2 hrs, but it's done and looks great! I'll drag it out into the driveway tomorrow and take some better pics in the daylight.

ea2e430f.jpg
Looks great !!!! A thought..instead of cutting up that rotisserie how bout selling or renting it to me :shy:

Looks great !!!! A thought..instead of cutting up that rotisserie how bout selling or renting it to me :shy:
lol! Not exactly sure yet what I'm doing with it, I'm trying to think of a way I can make it a dolly, and convert easily back to a rotisserie. It's just too damn easy to paint it on its side rather then on my back! I'd like to get it onto a dolly, do panel fitting, then back up to do final underside painting???

lol! Not exactly sure yet what I'm doing with it, I'm trying to think of a way I can make it a dolly, and convert easily back to a rotisserie. It's just too damn easy to paint it on its side rather then on my back! I'd like to get it onto a dolly, do panel fitting, then back up to do final underside painting???
I can save you a bunch a work..I have a dolly already made !! The one I made for my car.. How about I give you the dolly..Let me rent the rotisserie..& when I'm done return it, & you can keep the dolly. Of course I would deliver right to your door !

Here's a few pics of the dolly if you're interested I can snap some better pics

100_1308.JPG100_2018.JPG

I can save you a bunch a work..I have a dolly already made !! The one I made for my car.. How about I give you the dolly..Let me rent the rotisserie..& when I'm done return it, & you can keep the dolly. Of course I would deliver right to your door !

Here's a few pics of the dolly if you're interested I can snap some better pics
I am a very patient man- but not that patient, you take it to another level. That is a project that I ask myself why would a guy do that? The answer is because YOU CAN and are very good at it! Hats off to you, keep up the good work!;)

Ok, so it was a little more than 2 hrs, but it's done and looks great! I'll drag it out into the driveway tomorrow and take some better pics in the daylight.

ea2e430f.jpg
Wow. Wish I lived in Connecticut and had friends with rotisseries and dollies. :D :D :D

OK - right there toward the back of trunk pan about 6" or 7" in front of the rear cross member just inboard of the frame rails: those two small (1"-ish) "brackets" with the holes in them. What are they for?! I still have mine, but have no idea where to put them (until now). I know Don said they're nothing to worry about, and I'm good with his answer - but dammit I'm still curious! :D

Based on their proximity to the gas tank, I'm wondering if they're supposed to be for tank stability, to keep the tank spaced off the bottom of the trunk pan, or maybe extra brackets to keep the exhaust tips from 'bouncing' or something.

BTW - that's some fine work you got going on there. Can't wait to see it back on its wheels!

Some more pics...

18c794c9.jpg

f537a02c.jpg

35202b70.jpg

012834be.jpg

ea2e430f.jpg
Wow. Wish I lived in Connecticut and had friends with rotisseries and dollies. :D :D :D

OK - right there toward the back of trunk pan about 6" or 7" in front of the rear cross member just inboard of the frame rails: those two small (1"-ish) "brackets" with the holes in them. What are they for?! I still have mine, but have no idea where to put them (until now). I know Don said they're nothing to worry about, and I'm good with his answer - but dammit I'm still curious! :D

Based on their proximity to the gas tank, I'm wondering if they're supposed to be for tank stability, to keep the tank spaced off the bottom of the trunk pan, or maybe extra brackets to keep the exhaust tips from 'bouncing' or something.

BTW - that's some fine work you got going on there. Can't wait to see it back on its wheels!
Damned if I remember what they're for?!?! They were on the rotted floor I cut out, so I welded 'em back in the same place. I took it apart about 8 years ago, I'm gonna be wingin' a lot of stuff on re-assembly ;) just hope I took good enough reference pics along the way???

With your evident fabricating skills it wouldn't take much to make a dolly for your car using suspension mounting points giving you actual weight transfer points.

The rotisserie would still be intack for future use or loan.

I enjoy your work.

Latest posts

Back