SN71

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many of you know I wrecked my '00 GT back in Dec. well, the past few weeks I've been working on getting it stripped to use what I need for my '71 and sell off what I don't need. I finally got it all stripped and started to mock up some major stuff in the '71. I'm also planning on using the proceeds from the parts I didn't need to complete the never ending custom taillight project I've been working on now for what seems like forever.

Here's what I've got so far for mock up:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364653218.908984.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364653234.856170.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364653258.271957.jpg

awesome build, its always awesome when we can back engineeer new technology into our older mustangs. so we drive something different then signing our lives away at the ford dealership. not that i wouldnt mind having the newest mustang I just cant afford it.

I've been working hard on getting some major stuff mocked up. Last night I got the steering all mocked up from the column down to the rack. Now that it all works I'll pull it all back out and fully weld and "pretty" up the brackets I have tacked together at the moment. Also mocked up at the moment are the pedals.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364869786.836277.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364869805.218666.jpg

hey bro, its really looking nice. i got mine running really good, unfortunately my transmission burnt up on me a month ago, so the cost of that set me back to get some other things i had planned. but oh well, cant wait to see more progress on the car and the tail lights!

No pics to post at the moment, but this past week I got all the minor rust taken care of. There were a few small pinholes in the taillight panel, the bottom of the rear glass area, and the lower rear quarter panel on the driver's side behind the wheel. With that all taken care of I plan to finish stripping the little bit of paint left on the rockers and door posts and get some primer on the shell in the next few weeks :)

Blueoval71 came through for me and traced out a template of his windshield, so I'm going to hold off priming the shell until I do the fabrication necessary for flush mounting the windshield. The template should be here next week and I'll start the mock up.

I spent the last few nights sanding all the nooks and crannies on the inside of the quarters, trunk, and rear section of the interior and got it painted tonight. I needed to do something while I waited for my windshield template to show up :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369717580.253102.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369717630.469044.jpg

WOW! I think you need a camera crew and you could have a great Overhaulin episode! I also believe Chip Foose would be impressed. I have seen this type of a job done on a 72 Camaro with 98 interior and drive train but a 71-73 Stang is WAY COOLER!

:udaman:

WOW! I think you need a camera crew and you could have a great Overhaulin episode! I also believe Chip Foose would be impressed. I have seen this type of a job done on a 72 Camaro with 98 interior and drive train but a 71-73 Stang is WAY COOLER!

:udaman:
Thanks for the compliments! If only I had Chip Foose's $ I could finish a lot sooner!

The latest progress can be seen here: http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-flush-mount-windshield

Back