Sound off if you have a convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
73 H code. Originally 2v now 4v. FMX with factory competition suspension, A/C, and aluminum mags. Added options include power windows, tilt steering, power seat from a 73 Cougar, and all Mach 1 body trim. Green with argent stripes. Had a 73 Grande back in the day but this one only a few weeks. Super stoked to get it back to new running shape and drive it like it was designed for.

we recently acquired a 73 Mustang wimbeldon white/ white top convertible. The car has a 351 Cleveland 2 barrel, it has the Ram Air paint scheme and locks on the hood. It has an H in the Vin. Can anyone direct us to how we can find if this car is a Ram Air car? There is currently no Ram Air set up under the hood. Thank you

we recently acquired a 73 Mustang wimbeldon white/ white top convertible. The car has a 351 Cleveland 2 barrel, it has the Ram Air paint scheme and locks on the hood. It has an H in the Vin. Can anyone direct us to how we can find if this car is a Ram Air car? There is currently no Ram Air set up under the hood. Thank you
The 73's could be ordered with a Tutone hood option which included the black out on the hood as well as hood locks. All for $18. This option had nothing to do with the Ram Air option and if yours is missing chances are that it did not come with it. One way to verify for sure is to order a Basic Marti report for under $20 which will tell you all the options your car came with. Their website is martiauto.com

Let us know what you find out.

'71 429cj original "J" Code convertible: one of forty-two made...

Currently under restoration, original driveline, low optioned car. Car was introduced here a few weeks back when I joined the club. Cheers

VIN # Warranty.jpg

Last edited:
I just put a second horse in the 'barn', a 73 Convertible, 302, dark green with avocado interior. It needs a top, which is black now, but i'm going to switch to white- just more eye candy imho. Fortunately only the drivers seat needs work on the inside.

Well, low and behold I find myself in possession of a 73 Convertible, Yellow with Black interior and Black top. 302/C4 combination.

Looking forward to getting more active on the forums again, and encouraged to see some old friends still here.

IMG_1279.JPG

Lookin' awesome! Lovin' the Torque Thrust IIs... and... well... pretty much everything about it. :bravo:

Glad to have ya back! ::thumb::

Well, low and behold I find myself in possession of a 73 Convertible, Yellow with Black interior and Black top. 302/C4 combination.

Looking forward to getting more active on the forums again, and encouraged to see some old friends still here.
Well, well, well...look who's back and making quite the grand re-entrance! Welcome back Dave!

If you have a 71-73 convertible make a post to this thread listing the year, engine and any other options you'd like to share and let's see how many we can get listed.

Example:

71 M-code, ram air, Lime with white top.
I just purchased a 1972 Q code with 4 sp 44k miles.

Rodney from SW Florida

My XR7 originally came with a 351, which was long gone by the time I pulled the car from a field. Originally was a light red color. Repainted with a dark red at some point, came with white upholstery and top and black carpet.

AC, power windows and top, 9" 3.00 gears, power disc in the front with drums in the back.

My XR7 originally came with a 351, which was long gone by the time I pulled the car from a field. Originally was a light red color. Repainted with a dark red at some point, came with white upholstery and top and black carpet.

AC, power windows and top, 9" 3.00 gears, power disc in the front with drums in the back.
Overhauled interior. Just what the doc ordered......to start placing at the car shows.....

20160704_101231.jpg20160704_101206.jpg73 vert...Q code, manual trans, 5900 original miles. Come Monday, it should have a new owner.:-/

'72 Q code black top, black interior Originally gold glow poly - now bright red.

Factory Mag 500s, factory a/c. competition suspension, Mach I hood

Last edited by a moderator:
73 , 302, 2v, metallic green. currently with a badly damaged black top, which I will be switching over to white- all original parts, and only 65K miles.

Back