Sound off if you have a convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! After reading all the comments from members regarding all the rebuilds and modifications etc I feel positively dull and boring with my original old girl!, 71 convertible 302 . Not happy with the mileage, about 125k miles. Had to use it as a daily driver about 20 years ago and it didn’t help that my son used it more than I so he actually put on lots of miles. Hasn’t been driven for about 12 years but stored in a warm dry garage. Couple months ago got hoses,seals,rad and gas tank changed. Need to get the seam on the back seat repaired because I stupidly knelt on it while putting on the tonneau cover. What an idiot!, lol. When our snow is finally gone (probably May!) I’ll be cruising our city of Prince George B.C. Canada, and I swear this year she’s going in the local Fathers Day Show n Shine. She’s dark brown with a gold fleck and dark brown top with original light brown interior. I might get new carpet but the original is still good. Fat tires on the back, which I like.

Welcome! Like to see pictures of your stang...please.
Here a few more current pictures. I can't find the computer pics of the restoration. It was quite a mess.   Ed

You have a sharp eye for details. I removed the wood grain by soaking it in lacquer thinner and then polished it by hand. I had to do something since they were pretty filthy from setting outside for 12 years. It was left right next to a large barn but when the house sold the PO did not take it with him. I chased him down through a neighbor and he still had the title. Stroke of luck and a nice guy too. The whole top had collapsed and the engine bay was full of cactus where the rats had moved in. No keys but we were able to slide it onto a trailer. It was a rusty carcass. I replaced the trunk floor, rear taillight panel, rear valance, both rear quarters, drop off panels, and half of the interior floor. The front area was ok except for a few localized areas. My introduction to body work but with time, patience, and alot of questions it came out fine. Ed

I'm really curious about your electric fan set up. What diameter is that? Is it quiet ?

I'm looking into it so that my AC works cooler. I don't have any over heating issues, so I'm still up in the air about swapping. I have a high output alternator, so I should be able to drive it.

I don't see a compressor, so i assume that there is not a air conditioner radiator under there. The silver brackets look like they were bought as compared to hand made ? What is the purpose of the red bracket in front of the fan ?

My 1973 L6  vert in CAR. Delivered in Belgium so it has a kilometers speedometer. Very handy as I live in Holland.

No showcar but nice paint and the interior is getting better and better as I'm working on it.

Drives very smoothly and has a nice growl and plenty of power!

Last edited by a moderator:
9271da57a312169509ebd05f3dd3e2fa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1971  Vert 429 4V  C-6  9 Inch trak-lok , staggered shocks, Cal Tracs, White leather interior, March Pulley system, Holley 750, Hooker headers,  located near Albuquerque.   Ed

73 Q code 4 speed still for sale
e10ec0d89bba78ee6b8a357599b35f7c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is a 73ér with a white Top and original and first paint in Bright Green Gold Metallic (4B). 351 2v Cleveland, C6 Cruise'o Matic, Interior Avocado Knitted Vinyl (CG), Bucket Seats, Power-Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Console, Bumper Rub Stripes, Decor Group, Tinted Class Complete Sports Wheel Cover.

Many Greetings from Heidelberg in Germany

Klaus ::thumb::

Mine is a 73ér with a white Top and original and first paint in Bright Green Gold Metallic (4B). 351 2v Cleveland, C6 Cruise'o Matic, Interior Avocado Knitted Vinyl (CG), Bucket Seats, Power-Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Console, Bumper Rub Stripes, Decor Group, Tinted Class Complete Sports Wheel Cover.

Many Greetings from Heidelberg in Germany

Klaus ::thumb::
Looks really nice! Nice color combination....Green, white and black Love the Wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back