Stolen! Saved! 1972 Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ41

Reaction score
My Car
72 Convertible H-Code
Hey All,

Here's a story.

Part I

16 years old, fresh license, and itching for the first car. Blessed with a cool dad. Spots a 72 mustang convertible, takes me to look and I end up loving it. Had to sit in the used car lot for 1+ year before I could tow it home. Sale price: $500. "Engine seized" they said, hah..had it started within a month.

Car was in rough shape, but had it running and driving to school shortly. 302, 2bbl, Cragers, nothing fancy, rest of details hazy, but dude. I'm. Never. Selling. It!

Tried a few crazy things: (a)yanked 302 out, (b)put in 5.0 EFI from Lincoln with AOD, ©yanked 5.0 out, hurricane beat up car when couldn't put it away, (d)picked up 73 donor car with 351C, put that in

19, heading to NJ college, take car to shop for driver door post repair. Let it hang out while away.

20, hanging at school, received phone call from pops...not a good one. Body shop up and went, took car with it! I'm...not crying, I swear it's just..it's just the moon is really bright, bothers my eyes!

Included two pics, but sadly, don't know where she is now!:

>1st picked up

>Daily drive condition

car when 1st got it.jpg

PIC013.jpg

Part II

26, working stiff, 2010 fusion as commuter, 92 F-150 weekend truck, but always on prowl for replace 71-73 convertible. Found one on Craigslist for $2000: H-Code, 351C, Auto, included some new body parts, new floor pans, frame sound, needs body work, especially in trunk area. I've found a replacement for the first one and am complete again! Haha

First to-do: get running.

Nothing is happening when i put key in and turn. New battery, regulator, solenoid, replaced bad starter switch with new one, still nothing. Though looks like I'll need to replace connector coming from dash harness (in rough shape). I've got power going to the 'S' terminal on the solenoid. I'll replace connector and if still nada, trouble shoot the wire itself.

Here's the new one:

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. So, what has happened since 2007? I'm hoping you tracked it down and it's safe in your garage? :huh:

EDIT: Glad you've found another to fill the void. This is the place for you to share your project!

Never found the first one, haven't one clue where she is. Saved a new one! Edited the original post with the new one.

Welcome from West Virginia!

Welcome from Ohio!

I find it amazing that a company can go under and abscond with other people's property... I'm sure it really sucked to have that that happen.

I lost a 4 bolt main Cleveland block like that many years ago. Machine shop shut down over weekend when I was working out-of-town.

It still pisses me off when I think about it.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back