Time for Winter Slumber

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Missouri, winterize means making sure it has some antifreeze and that the heater works. Lucky to have a heated garage & can drive it at least once every week without any wet streets. Your picture of your car with the fall trees in the background is beautiful.

I'm opposite of both of you. Here in Arizona, it just now getting nice to have your car out. We hopefully just had our last 100+* day earlier this week.
Same. Well it's been a pretty mild summer here in SoCal, but it's still been too hot to get my fat ass out anywhere without showing up looking like I just got out of the pool. It's finally cool enough to use the car comfortably for the next 6 months. Such a trip to think of putting the car away for months at a time.

Winterizing here is me double checking to see if the wipers still sort of work.

Still looks gorgeous in idaho!
First snow storm up here in Alberta Canada
Put car away for the winter on the weekend after one last drive.
Things sure change in a hurry. :(
That sucks. Here in SW Ontario, we are being treated to one last (hopefully not the last) warm sunny day at 24C / 75F. Just got my road bicycle out for quick 27 km/17 mile ride.
Maybe get the car out one last time too later in the week.......... I said maybe! Yeah I know, why didn't I take it out today. I needed the exercise more I guess.

84 degrees here , t-tops off in the Trans Am. Going to Nashville cars and coffee 11-4 , not my car in pic but it will look like that when it gets the graphics on hopefully next week

Attachments

• 53C45DEB-03F8-447D-BF84-3DAC78928591.jpeg
    53C45DEB-03F8-447D-BF84-3DAC78928591.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 0
I was planning on going to one more show on Saturday, but they are now calling for rain. Don't know if I'll leave it sit for a few more weeks or get it ready for winter, I like to put mine up on ramps and jack stands during the winter so I can give it a good going over from top to bottom. I have a few minor things that I need take care of while it's in hibernation.

Took my convertible out for a last ride before going back into hibernation. Beautiful time of year. Lots of fall colors and 75 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_6962.jpeg
    IMG_6962.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Luckily for me I don't do anything for winterizing. I keep it in a heated garage and only use non-ethanol fuel. We are supposed to get our share of nasty winter weather this weekend or early next week. As long as they don't salt the roads I will still drive it at least once a week. Once the roads get salty it will be parked and will start with the longer lasting winter projects.

On that note, today I will be winterizing the hot tub and boat.

That sucks. Here in SW Ontario, we are being treated to one last (hopefully not the last) warm sunny day at 24C / 75F. Just got my road bicycle out for quick 27 km/17 mile ride.
Maybe get the car out one last time too later in the week.......... I said maybe! Yeah I know, why didn't I take it out today. I needed the exercise more I guess.
Sadly did the same,my classic ride is a Cougar but I used to have one of these. Got my eye on one in Canada.

What is this winterizing of which you speak?:unsure:
You are being funny of course......... aren't you? I mean you get cold weather in Texas.
For me, I simply fill the gas tank and add the correct quantity of SeaFoam which is an excellent stabilizer, Over inflate the tires slightly hopefully to help prevent flat spotting. Check the coolant for anti-freeze, run the motor and fog it with storage spray and disconnect the battery ground cable, throw a micro-fiber blanket over it (car that is) and then a cheapo car cover. Done till spring. I do occasionally trickle charge the battery, just to keep it fresh.
On start up in spring, I pour some gas down the carb vent tube so the motor has something to drink until the pump gets gas back to the carb.

Last edited:
I assumed the 'Sheriff was being facetious, and poking us northerners in fun.

As far as my winter routine I do an oil change so there are no acids or impurities sitting in the engine (probably major overkill). I put 40 psi in the tires, non-ethanol fuel in the tank full with stabilizer added. Car full time on a battery tender in a climate controlled garage temp set at 45 F.

For spring wake up I disconnect the coil wire and crank the engine for 30 seconds or so. This builds oil pressure before firing and also fills the float bowls with fuel. I then reconnect the coil and she usually fires right off on the first revolution.

Back