Update to my 71 Mach 1 and your professional advice

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milalynne

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Yellow gold
Here is a list of items of just bought from pony parts, which their labor day sell was fake, I wrote down the prices months of go and their prices were the same yet they said 30 percent off, they tried to blame it on all items went up over the summer but that was a lie because no other mustang parts company raised their prices and I wrote down their prices during the summer. Anyways here is what I ordered.
Interior:
1971-1973 CIGARETTE LIGHTER KNOB
71-73 DELUXE GINGER DOOR
71-73 DLX DOOR PANEL MOLDING SOLD EACH. LH AND RH ARE SAME
71-73 PAIR DELUXE DOOR PANEL WOODGRAIN TRIM
71-73 FB MACH I GINGER/GINGER CARPET
Headliner Ginger Coupe 1971-1973

Now on Ebay I found a Ram air kit for my 71 for just $250, they are original, the reproduction on all the other sites is $600
The problem is just found out talking to the guy that sold me the Stang and he had a 302 Boss and tried to put the Ram Air in but because the Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake is so high that you couldn't close the hood, he ended up putting the original air intake in but even though I have one I love the RPM air gap. I'm wondering if there is a way to shorten the height of the ram air pan or parts and if not shorten the motor parts on the top end. I'm hoping the Boss 302 had a different clearance and I won't have the problem but worse case I can sell it for more than I bought it for even if I sold it for 500 someone would save100 dollars and obo.

Any thoughts on that?

2nd issue:

Dashes Direct Armrest Pads Standard Ginger Pair Mustang 1971-1973​

I cannot figure out where this could possibly go, it doesn't go with door, i checked at least I'm pretty sure. I've attached a photo of the door panel I'm buying, the arm rest i deidnt buy , and the picture of my door.

Attachments

• image_50432257.JPG
    image_50432257.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • image_50412545.JPG
    image_50412545.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • dpd5x.jpg
    dpd5x.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image_123650291.JPG
    image_123650291.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 0
That armrest pictured on the right isn't a piece that goes with the Mach 1 interior door panels. Likely used on Standard door panels
Actually Spike, that arm rest is correct for the base Mach One interior but obviously not for the deluxe interior.

That's what I said, those armrests don't go with the Mach 1 door panels which are PICTURED, likely to Standard ( base ) door panels......or did you read my comment wrong?

That's what I said, those armrests don't go with the Mach 1 door panels which are PICTURED, likely to Standard ( base ) door panels......or did you read my comment wrong?
Sorry for the confusion, me read your post wrong!

I was cheap and didnt buy the new woodgrain insert, the old ones if treated gently are easy to transfer.please post if you have better luck than me with doorhandle backer. Also for your compare The Mustang Shop Canada is Ginger delux door panels pair $1181.Canadian

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad I didn't buy the ram air kit from Ebay, the person failed to mention it doesn't come with any hoses and so its not a true full kit. But i don think I can use the Raim Air without giving up RPM Air Gap Intake. which is my favorite intake

The Ram Air assembly doesn't come with any hoses. There is the hood part of it, which is comprised of the flat plenum and two vacuum door assemblies that mate up with the hood scoops, and the special air filter assembly which is basically the standard lower housing with a special lid, adapter ring, and rubber seal to seal the air filter to the plenum. If you are referring to the vacuum hoses, they are sold separately, and are available with the original markings.

Back