VIDEO-FLOOR PAN WELDED IN FINALLY !

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look really great Q

You make it look easy

like to see you post some tips on how you grind up the weld?

I have been trying different methods, and want to perfect this before i get to the 1/4's

Look really great Q

You make it look easy

like to see you post some tips on how you grind up the weld?

I have been trying different methods, and want to perfect this before i get to the 1/4's
Thanks M !

No problem..I will take some vid on Monday when we do the grinding & show how we do it.

Looks great, Q. Nice work!
Thanks Doc ! If I can get a straight 40 hours on the car (full week) I can have the car in primer ready to block in 2 weeks ! That is after I repair the passenger door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Another work of art and very inspirational!

I gotta ask though, how do you set up the welder for those perfect butt welds? Whenever I have mine set-up (low voltage, low speed on the wire feed), it still blows through sometimes. I'm running a Miller XMT 304 (MIG-mode) using Argon gas, and have it set to 12.5 V on the juice, and 17-18 IPM on the feed. http://www.airgas.com/browse/productDetail.aspx?Category=229&product=MIL951343

It's an awesome welder... so yeah, I'm spoiled having the Hobby Shop at my disposal. But seriously, I've been following Eric's advice (another thread here on the forums) and doing fairly well, but the thinner stuff is still giving me fits.

Sweet! Another work of art and very inspirational!

I gotta ask though, how do you set up the welder for those perfect butt welds? Whenever I have mine set-up (low voltage, low speed on the wire feed), it still blows through sometimes. I'm running a Miller XMT 304 (MIG-mode) using Argon gas, and have it set to 12.5 V on the juice, and 17-18 IPM on the feed. http://www.airgas.com/browse/productDetail.aspx?Category=229&product=MIL951343

It's an awesome welder... so yeah, I'm spoiled having the Hobby Shop at my disposal. But seriously, I've been following Eric's advice (another thread here on the forums) and doing fairly well, but the thinner stuff is still giving me fits.
Eric,

Are you running straight argon ? I run a co2 argon mix..Also what size wire are you using ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll hafta check it out tomorrow. I think it's really small, like 22 gauge. Yes, I believe it's straight Argon - just got the one tank on the cart.

Latest posts

Back