What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it Official I can no longer take anymore parts off my car. Got the complete front suspension off on sat. so there is nothing that has not been off of the car now. But on a positive note got the main part of the heater box rebuilt. Also got the Dakota led's installed and tested (by battery anyway) in the new blacked out tail light assemblies and back on the car. Finally seperated and sorted all parts that have been strung across town in one place at the garage. So on to sandblasting the front suspension parts and hopefully they will be reinstalled next week.

Gee Roy, at the rate you are going you will have yours finished before I even get my Grande back (was due back in October) from the Painter!

...and there I was thinking that I would have the 545 installed in the Mach 1 before you got your car finished.

Woe is me!!!

BT

Gee Roy, at the rate you are going you will have yours finished before I even get my Grande back (was due back in October) from the Painter!

...and there I was thinking that I would have the 545 installed in the Mach 1 before you got your car finished.

Woe is me!!!

BT
rofl Don't worry Cobra, I'm really sure you will be on the road before I am, like I said has to start going in the positive direction now that there is nothing left to take off.

Got some more of the interior taken out today. Wound up helping a friend with the water pump on his 2000 Honda Accord (whatta PITA).

Turns out the floor pan under and forward of the seat platforms on both sides is toast (I was hoping that just the rear portion of the pans were bad). Seat platforms still look doable, but I'll just get some new ones anyway. But, oh well - looks like I'll have a new solid floor in there when it's all said and done.

I still need to get everything together to swap out the front clip - been busy with other stuff and I've been thinking about taking the new front clip to a friend's friend and having it blasted. I still need to remove the firewall scraps from the clip and other things before I do that anyway. So, I've been working on getting the rest of the interior removed (at least in the front end of the cab, that is).

Well had the opportunity to show droptop73 the fancy jack stands I have holding the car up and also the uncles mustang also. He just happened to be passing through town so we met up for lunch and a little show and tell on the cars.

Well had the opportunity to show droptop73 the fancy jack stands I have holding the car up and also the uncles mustang also. He just happened to be passing through town so we met up for lunch and a little show and tell on the cars.
Too cool! Don't tell me - you forgot the camera at home...?

Doc

Too cool! Don't tell me - you forgot the camera at home...?

Doc
Never even thought about a pic, sorry:blush:

I changed my starter today, I was having problems with voltage drops during cranking.. leading to the battery quickly draining. It fires right up now. I'm waiting to hear back from the insurance company so I can get it registered and on the road so I can really start tuning it.

I changed my starter today, I was having problems with voltage drops during cranking.. leading to the battery quickly draining. It fires right up now. I'm waiting to hear back from the insurance company so I can get it registered and on the road so I can really start tuning it.
::goodjob::

Check the grounds, sometimes running a ground from a starter bolt to where the the batery grounds to the frame helps.
I made sure all my grounds are good, and they are pretty damn good, minimum voltage drops all around. I cleaned all the contacts and tested the whole starting circuit. The problem was definately the starter, I think I damaged it in the process of trying to start the car. The timing was wayyy off and it backfired a few times; I suspect all the kickback and trouble starting burned it out, as it got worse and worse until it just clicked. The new starter makes a completely different sound than the old one, and the battery stays charged lol.

Yesterday a finish (you never actually finish) this stage body work... As i mention in some thread, i decided to use a paint-to-match rear bumper... is the original one but it isn´t good enough for rechrome so... I opted to paint it in order to get the car drivable...

Amazingly.. i really liked the all matching Ivy glow mustang :p

Here is some pics.. not good quality but is better than anything :p

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

Yesterday a finish (you never actually finish) this stage body work... As i mention in some thread, i decided to use a paint-to-match rear bumper... is the original one but it isn´t good enough for rechrome so... I opted to paint it in order to get the car drivable...

Amazingly.. i really liked the all matching Ivy glow mustang :p

Here is some pics.. not good quality but is better than anything :p
Looks good I like it.

Back