What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished with the bottom of the car,Thanks to my cousin. All of the front suspension was painted and 90% installed.(all new bushings, springs, perches, etc. Steering box clean, painted and installed, thanks to my uncle. Headlight buckets trimmed out for a larger electrical connection on the tri-bar headlights and painted. Rear sway bar blasted and painted. All new fuel lines and brake line clips paint for install tomorrow.

brakes.jpg

springs.jpg

steering box.jpg

spring 2.jpg

TOO cold to work in garage. mosy of engine parts are now under or behind something. Bin 2 months since worked on engine. Bummer:mad: my send assembles to shop to assemble so I can drive in spring. Miss take REV////ROAR::welcome:: from the pipes

Alan L

replaced a taillight socket with a new one, the ground on the original socket finally broke off. also unbolted the nitrous bottle brackets out of the trunk.. and cleaned and waxed the front bumper... road salt is not a friend of my car!

Started cleaning up the 73's engine bay. Sandblasted and painted parts all day yesterday and today, but I worked the ole blaster too hard and it gave in :( Now I'll be working on a sandblaster :p

Man I'm jealous of you guys where the weather is warm!! Reading this thread makes me want to go and work on the vert......and then I look at the temp and say not yet! Couple more months of this crap they call winter ::shrug::

Yesterday I finally got some time to work on The Rustang. Got the front carpet, dash board, heater core, brake booster, brake pedal assembly, E-brake cable assembly, dashboard wiring harness, and other miscellaneous things removed, and discovered that the floor on the passenger side is completely Fred Flintstone'd. No biggie though - I'd planned on replacing the floor pans anyway. Also removed the switches and other things from the dashboard to get ready to blast it.

Today, I got the brake lines and proportioning valve, speedometer cable, accelerator cable, foot-mounted dimmer switch, and some other minor things removed. Got to work on bead blasting the dashboard and the door latch of the blaster broke. Crap! Spent about 45 minutes repairing that so I could keep using the blaster. The dashboard barely fit in there, but the hoses are too short to get to the ends of the dashboard. I'll probably bug my pal Mike to use the blaster in his shop (which is quite a bit bigger and works a lot better, as I understand it).

All this was in preparation to cut the front end off and weld on a new front clip. Can't have 40 year old carpet and insulation catching on fire now, can we?

I'm hoping next weekend will be prepping the new front clip (still gotta cut the remaining firewall scraps off), then the following weekend, get the car inside and begin the operation.

Yesterday I finally got some time to work on The Rustang. Got the front carpet, dash board, heater core, brake booster, brake pedal assembly, E-brake cable assembly, dashboard wiring harness, and other miscellaneous things removed, and discovered that the floor on the passenger side is completely Fred Flintstone'd. No biggie though - I'd planned on replacing the floor pans anyway. Also removed the switches and other things from the dashboard to get ready to blast it.

Today, I got the brake lines and proportioning valve, speedometer cable, accelerator cable, foot-mounted dimmer switch, and some other minor things removed. Got to work on bead blasting the dashboard and the door latch of the blaster broke. Crap! Spent about 45 minutes repairing that so I could keep using the blaster. The dashboard barely fit in there, but the hoses are too short to get to the ends of the dashboard. I'll probably bug my pal Mike to use the blaster in his shop (which is quite a bit bigger and works a lot better, as I understand it).

All this was in preparation to cut the front end off and weld on a new front clip. Can't have 40 year old carpet and insulation catching on fire now, can we?

I'm hoping next weekend will be prepping the new front clip (still gotta cut the remaining firewall scraps off), then the following weekend, get the car inside and begin the operation.
Are you going to keep your hidden vin numbers on the front clip? I wanted to do the same with a rotten '72, but was told I needed to have an inspector from the Reconstruction station present when I did the front clip replacement cause of the hidden vin numbers. But then the State Recon Station is so understaffed that I would have to do it on their schedule and that's pretty hard to do with conflicting schedules :(

We were out of kerosene for the torpedo heater so i didn't get to spend too much time this week...I did remove the bolts holding the C4 to the I6-250 but I wasn't able to separate the two. Is there some secret to getting the engine apart from the tranny? :huh:

We were out of kerosene for the torpedo heater so i didn't get to spend too much time this week...I did remove the bolts holding the C4 to the I6-250 but I wasn't able to separate the two. Is there some secret to getting the engine apart from the tranny? :huh:
BFH:p

BFH:p
I hear that! I don't wanna bust the tranny though...it's going to be built up and reused!

Are you going to keep your hidden vin numbers on the front clip? I wanted to do the same with a rotten '72, but was told I needed to have an inspector from the Reconstruction station present when I did the front clip replacement cause of the hidden vin numbers. But then the State Recon Station is so understaffed that I would have to do it on their schedule and that's pretty hard to do with conflicting schedules :(
You know, I hadn't even given that any thought whatsoever. Of course, I don't think Texas is quite as anal about such things as Hawaii might be (we don't have emissions testing except for places like DFW, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, et al).

But because you mentioned it, I will now make it a point to take the plasma cutter and make the transplant on the shock towers. Simple enough to do while I'm right there anyway. Good tip!

I should only be worried about the ones on the shock towers (from the firewall forward), right? Anybody? ;)

You know, I hadn't even given that any thought whatsoever. Of course, I don't think Texas is quite as anal about such things as Hawaii might be (we don't have emissions testing except for places like DFW, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, et al).

But because you mentioned it, I will now make it a point to take the plasma cutter and make the transplant on the shock towers. Simple enough to do while I'm right there anyway. Good tip!

I should only be worried about the ones on the shock towers (from the firewall forward), right? Anybody? ;)
Why bother with the extra work ? As long as you save the old ones & fully document everything with pics & video you should have no problem..Thats what I'm doing with mine

Hey - there's an idea. I'll make a keychain fob out of 'em or something. :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back