What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I was headed to the garage today my grandson ask if we could'nt take up where we left off last night throwing the football until dark. Car can wait another day! :shy:

As I was headed to the garage today my grandson ask if we could'nt take up where we left off last night throwing the football until dark. Car can wait another day! :shy:
WHAT:mad: Give him a brush and a creeper and tell him to get to work. Man you are getting soft:huh:

WHAT:mad: Give him a brush and a creeper and tell him to get to work. Man you are getting soft:huh:

We could have used a good referee tonight. You up for it Roy! :p

We could have used a good referee tonight. You up for it Roy! :p
Put me on the schedule for a guest Ref position the week off the 4th of July

I have been having no luck finding the plastic pop in nuts (like license plate nuts but much smaller) that hold the "Headlight doors" (big trim rings) on my front grill. I found some plastic push rivets that looked to be the right size, pulled the centers and popped them in. Worked like a charm!

I know, it is barely worth mentioning, but I felt left out. LOL

I have been having no luck finding the plastic pop in nuts (like license plate nuts but much smaller) that hold the "Headlight doors" (big trim rings) on my front grill. I found some plastic push rivets that looked to be the right size, pulled the centers and popped them in. Worked like a charm!

I know, it is barely worth mentioning, but I felt left out. LOL
I have the correct ones if you ever need them

Don

Item #F-3502

73 HEADLIGHT DOORS FASTENER KIT

Four piece kit. Price: $2.00

I've ordered from you recently and will again. I just can't justify shipping for a 4.00 order. I'll keep a list and when I have enough stuff to make up a reasonable order I'll let you know. Thank you, I have your catalog and didn't even think to look.

I finally broke down a couple a weeks ago and took my 14" Enki's off and put on a set of new Magnums from Summit Racing, 15X7's with 60-235's Goodrich T/A's on front and 15X8's with 60-255's on rear. Got the tires and had them mounted at the local Discount tires. Ordered the center caps from OMS, best price and really nice qualilty. I really like the looks and ride compared to the 14's I had on it.

JimWheels2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim and Jutta,

Sittin perfect! Put the last of the JB Weld on the staggered shock bracket tonight (Mel says I'm taking way too much time on this repair) Explained about stresses and the fact that this part is very hard to find. Will sand it all smooth tomorrow and HOPEFULLY start coating the rear frame and such for the pan install. Psyched!!

I casually decided to sell one of my Mach 1s. The green 73 H-code. It doesn't look like much but is a very solid car. Someone is already interested in it.

So this one was going to be my oldest son's car but since it is currently in TN it was going to be a while before we brought it down here. Instead of that one he said he would take the 71 H that is here even tho it isn't nearly as nice as the 73 rust wise but still good overall. We spent all afternoon pulling an engine out of the parts car that only has 70k original miles to put in now his 71. Talk about a motivated kid! He and a buddy are currently still working on pulling that engine despite it being pitch dark outside now.

I gave him a few choices for a graduation present & he chose the 71. He has nine more days left and plans to drive it to school and do a big burn out in the parking lot on the last day. I said good luck and that he needs to be ready to pay the consequences if he goes through with his plan.

I finally broke down a couple a weeks ago and took my 14" Enki's off and put on a set of new Magnums from Summit Racing, 15X7's with 60-235's Goodrich T/A's on front and 15X8's with 60-255's on rear. Got the tires and had them mounted at the local Discount tires. Ordered the center caps from OMS, best price and really nice qualilty. I really like the looks and ride compared to the 14's I had on it.

Jim
Looks perfect Jim.

Jim
Looks perfect Jim.
I agree! Looks stunning!

Well I am not sure how, but I think I trashed my transmission :(

I was able to drive it to the transmission shop, but they won't be able to get to it for a few days. It intermittently goes from driving fine to barely being able to get it in gear. When it is hard to shift, it makes noise and you can hear it, but just as suddenly it starts behaving perfectly.

and I wasn't even driving hard when it started.

Damn!

Since it is a 5 speed T-45 I think it is unlikely to be in the torque converter or valve body ;) The downside of being a newbie is no one knows my set up.

I think it is in the reverse and 5th gear shift fork and the bearing in that area, but I am not a transmission guy-thankfully I do know one and the car is there. He drove it and it behaved perfectly of course.

Back