What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well some more progress, Heater box is in, new brakes and fuel lines ran, new front sway bar installed,tri-bar headlights, new custom cross member, and oh one more thing, will let the pictures tell it:D

029.JPG

030.JPG

031.JPG

032.JPG

bl.jpg

hb1.jpg

ncm.jpg

theme.jpg

I´m giving de Funstang a new coat of paint, the old one was starting to have rust spots, dents and blisters, so before its to late i do it in my paint shop don´t want to do a complete paint gob because it takes to much time and i´m paintign the same color but whitout the white stripes, i´m just going to do the center of the hood black.

And for all the guys in the forum it was GT´s tru 71-73 mustangs, at least in México and they are called GT351, and all are coupes, in México we only have 73 Fastbacks (Mach 1).

I´m giving de Funstang a new coat of paint, the old one was starting to have rust spots, dents and blisters, so before its to late i do it in my paint shop don´t want to do a complete paint gob because it takes to much time and i´m paintign the same color but whitout the white stripes, i´m just going to do the center of the hood black.

And for all the guys in the forum it was GT´s tru 71-73 mustangs, at least in México and they are called GT351, and all are coupes, in México we only have 73 Fastbacks (Mach 1).

Hey Roy, what kind of headlights did you install! they look pretty cool!

They are some I picked up at the fall rod run in Pigeon Forge. They have the tri-bar (LOOKS LIKE A PEACE SIGN) and the colored dot in the center.

Ignition box mounted, carb and spacer mounted, gas lines installed more sandblasting and painting of assorted bolts.

box2.jpg

box1.jpg

metal gas.jpg

gas1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are some I picked up at the fall rod run in Pigeon Forge. They have the tri-bar (LOOKS LIKE A PEACE SIGN) and the colored dot in the center.

Ignition box mounted, carb and spacer mounted, gas lines installed more sandblasting and painting of assorted bolts.
r u going to run into problems running the factory tach with that ignition system? i'm running MSD and i'm on my 2nd tach adapter and its gone to shit. i'm about to ditch the MSD to a ignition system that will allow me to place my tach wire back on the "+" side on the coil.

r u going to run into problems running the factory tach with that ignition system? i'm running MSD and i'm on my 2nd tach adapter and its gone to shit. i'm about to ditch the MSD to a ignition system that will allow me to place my tach wire back on the "+" side on the coil.
I have all DAkota Digital stuff so not sure if it will give issues or not

Since it's been hella-cold, yesterday, I went to one of the fire truck maintenance shops and used their bead blaster on the dashboard frame - turned out pretty cool!

blasteddash1.jpg

blasteddash2.jpg

As you can see, the bottom rusted where the moisture collected and pitted everything pretty well - even rusted through on the passenger side.

Today, I finished cleaning the spots I missed with the 'blaster and applied some fiberglass filler into the pitted areas. The pitted spots behind all the trim will be treated and painted over - who cares since it won't be seen... as long as it doesn't rust any further, I'm good.

Hopefully, I'll have some painted pictures tomorrow.

Hey - does anybody have any idea what the 'brass-looking' thingie is on the left side of the driver-side is? It was plugged into the wiring harness with factory-looking plugs. I'm stumped as to what it could be (outside of maybe a warning buzzer or something).

Ok folks, thanks for the kind words. Been at all day today. We got a lot done but nothing really worthy of pics. New "Black Chrome" wire looms installed, front brake hoses on, front sway bar on, steering column disassembled cleaned, sandblasted, and painted, flywheel installed, bell housing installed, header gaskets installed and headers tightened down, Wiring for the hyfire 6 ignition box started, heater vent boxes cleaned and painted. I'm sure I'm leaving something out but you get the general pic. :D If things go well we might try to start it next week to to see where we are at.

Since it's been hella-cold, yesterday, I went to one of the fire truck maintenance shops and used their bead blaster on the dashboard frame - turned out pretty cool!

blasteddash1.jpg

blasteddash2.jpg

As you can see, the bottom rusted where the moisture collected and pitted everything pretty well - even rusted through on the passenger side.

Today, I finished cleaning the spots I missed with the 'blaster and applied some fiberglass filler into the pitted areas. The pitted spots behind all the trim will be treated and painted over - who cares since it won't be seen... as long as it doesn't rust any further, I'm good.

Hopefully, I'll have some painted pictures tomorrow.

Hey - does anybody have any idea what the 'brass-looking' thingie is on the left side of the driver-side is? It was plugged into the wiring harness with factory-looking plugs. I'm stumped as to what it could be (outside of maybe a warning buzzer or something).
::goodjob:: looks good

Hey Roy, just curious why the custom crossmember?
The original one was crushed in to bad to straighten out. We thought we could but once we got into it replacement was the best option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a slow week alot done but not many pictures. But have one of the front disc, which are temporary until I get the slotted ones to match the rear but will work for now. Hopefully the weekend will be more productive.

b1.jpg

Finally a day warm enough to work on the car! I don't feel like writing all the things I did but thought I would post a couple pictures... Let's just say that the Soundproofing materials are shipping... :)

Oh, and a bit of painting too. I did the yellow parts first but not shown is the new real valance that was primed and painted satin black.

IMG00920-20110212-2030.jpg

IMG00923-20110212-2031.jpg

IMG00925-20110212-2031.jpg

Latest posts

Back