What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY!! I got something DONE on the Rustang! I pulled the dashboard out a few weekends ago and worked on cleaning it up last weekend. Yesterday, I got the fiberglass filler stuck on in the bad spots and did a ton of sanding to get it squared away. Also finally got it primered and painted last night before I left the Auto Hobby Shop.

Today, I finished up getting all the spots I missed with the paint (Krylon Rust-Stop Satin Black) and prepped and painted the other stuff from the dashboard (headlight/cigar lighter and wiper-washer switch brackets & glove box hinge). I'd missed a few spots on the dashboard, so I hit them again and made sure everything had coverage.

After the car sitting so long, I just needed to get SOMETHING done on this sucker. Now, I just gotta scout out some spot-weld removing drill bits and get that front clip ready to go on the car. Once that's done, I think it should start going faster (I hope).

I wish I would've gotten some shots of all the filler I had to use to clean up the badly pitted spots from the rust (you can see the bad spots in the last pics I posted).

Dash Primered:

primerdash.jpg

Glove box primered:

primerglovebox.jpg

Dash painted:

painteddash1.jpg

Driver side:

painteddash2.jpg

Passenger side:

painteddash3.jpg

Glove box painted:

paintedglovebox.jpg

It's not perfect by any means - but it's a helluva lot better than it was.

Well, they're either blemishes that the camera found, ;) Or they're the holes the tabs on the backside of the plastic trim fit into.

(Please mean the holes... I'm really not trying to be a smart-ass - honest.) :D

Been a slow week alot done but not many pictures. But have one of the front disc, which are temporary until I get the slotted ones to match the rear but will work for now. Hopefully the weekend will be more productive.
Hey there!!... Are those an stock front disk breaks?... They look like mines and i´ve never seen another 71-73 breaks before so, if those are stock look alike, mines are correct :p

Thanks!!

Been a slow week alot done but not many pictures. But have one of the front disc, which are temporary until I get the slotted ones to match the rear but will work for now. Hopefully the weekend will be more productive.
Hey there!!... Are those an stock front disk breaks?... They look like mines and i´ve never seen another 71-73 breaks before so, if those are stock look alike, mines are correct :p

Thanks!!
Those are stock Ford Discs

Took the 71 out for a spin around the neighborhood last night and sprung a leak in the Power Steering hose. The C6 trans was also acting up. Shifts into 2nd around 3000rpms and felt like a race trans LOL! Would also slip if let off before 3000rpm. Damn! Is the ole tranny giving out too? Jacked the car up and replaced the 41 year old power steering line with a repo that doesn't look anything like the original. Also noticed the C6's modulator hose pinched and fixed that by rerouting it so that it doesn't get pinched. Took the car out this morning and all is well and car shifts fine again. Easy and quick fixes and hopefully no more problems for many years to come.

Did a little more painting on the brake stuff for the rear end. Had to send my calipers back to get the correct ones for a car with staggered shocks, also one e-brake cable that came with the kit for a longer one. Also have not heard or seen American Powertrain this week will shoot them an email in the morning:( Hopefully she will be on all fours by Monday. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that my new Griffin Radiator finally showed up also.

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

Did a little more painting on the brake stuff for the rear end. Had to send my calipers back to get the correct ones for a car with staggered shocks, also one e-brake cable that came with the kit for a longer one. Also have not heard or seen American Powertrain this week will shoot them an email in the morning:( Hopefully she will be on all fours by Monday
LOOKING GOOD :D On all 4's with the new coy's ? I pulled the trigger yesterday on all the brake stuff & susp stuff (ouch my wallet just got a bunch lighter:() should be here in about 2 weeks...In that second pic are u shaking your rattle can ;)

Did a little more painting on the brake stuff for the rear end. Had to send my calipers back to get the correct ones for a car with staggered shocks, also one e-brake cable that came with the kit for a longer one. Also have not heard or seen American Powertrain this week will shoot them an email in the morning:( Hopefully she will be on all fours by Monday
LOOKING GOOD :D On all 4's with the new coy's ? I pulled the trigger yesterday on all the brake stuff & susp stuff (ouch my wallet just got a bunch lighter:() should be here in about 2 weeks...In that second pic are u shaking your rattle can ;)
No new coy's:( Guess it will be on the stockers until I get my calipers back, then the originals will not fit. Thats my cousin in the back acting foolish. I know what you mean about the wallet being lighter, thats why no new wheels yet, but will have no choice soon.

It was a beautiful day today, I think I managed to fix a hot starting issue I was having. Took it for a ride, and spun the tires a little bit (didnt want to blow it up).

[video=youtube]

Cool getting closer :D

Got the new springs installed in my uncles mustang. Man hope the settle some.
:s Umm looks like it's ready for some off roading at that height...I hope it settles too.:huh: looks like it's about 6" too high..I have a feeling your gonna be removeing that spring to cut a coil or two..Or replacing it..

FINALLY!! I got something DONE on the Rustang! I pulled the dashboard out a few weekends ago and worked on cleaning it up last weekend. Yesterday, I got the fiberglass filler stuck on in the bad spots and did a ton of sanding to get it squared away. Also finally got it primered and painted last night before I left the Auto Hobby Shop.

Today, I finished up getting all the spots I missed with the paint (Krylon Rust-Stop Satin Black) and prepped and painted the other stuff from the dashboard (headlight/cigar lighter and wiper-washer switch brackets & glove box hinge). I'd missed a few spots on the dashboard, so I hit them again and made sure everything had coverage.

After the car sitting so long, I just needed to get SOMETHING done on this sucker. Now, I just gotta scout out some spot-weld removing drill bits and get that front clip ready to go on the car. Once that's done, I think it should start going faster (I hope).

I wish I would've gotten some shots of all the filler I had to use to clean up the badly pitted spots from the rust (you can see the bad spots in the last pics I posted).

It's not perfect by any means - but it's a helluva lot better than it was.
LOOKS REAL NICE ERIC...Good job! Your best bet on the spot weld cutters are the blair set..Your gonna need a few different sizes. this is your best bet http://www.amazon.com/Blair-Equipment-11090N-Rotabroach-Cutter/dp/B000LQOCRK/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_text_c

You can also buy braid point drill bits at home depot which work really well too ! I use a combo of both..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the parts have arrived and are impatiently waiting to be installed:

New carb and intake (Small).JPG

New Headers (Small).JPG

And I finally found a cherry picker and engine stand, and it's a three day weekend, so I was excited to finally yank that block out and get some REAL WORK done this weekend.

But dang it! Of course the weather didn't cooperate. Last weekend it was 63 degrees. I opened the garage door this morning, and this is what I saw:

Cherry picker and stand (Small).JPG

I was gonna push the 'vert out of the way and set up the cherry picker, but with all the snow, I can't even push the vert out of the way because it's so slick. Maybe I'll shovel the driveway and hope the snow melts a little today. Stupid snow! :(

Doc

took the cover off the car and started her up to get a little oil circulating. Now I really want this winter to end hahaha . It took a while to get it to run smoothly but once it reached a good engine temperature it was roaring like a beast. Now I just have to wait for my income tax return so I can get the diff rebuilt.

And I finally found a cherry picker and engine stand, and it's a three day weekend, so I was excited to finally yank that block out and get some REAL WORK done this weekend.

But dang it! Of course the weather didn't cooperate. Last weekend it was 63 degrees. I opened the garage door this morning, and this is what I saw:

I was gonna push the 'vert out of the way and set up the cherry picker, but with all the snow, I can't even push the vert out of the way because it's so slick. Maybe I'll shovel the driveway and hope the snow melts a little today. Stupid snow! :(

Doc
Nice Doc ! I love new parts ! Bummer, snow sucks..at least for mustang stuff.

Confused Umm looks like it's ready for some off roading at that height...I hope it settles too.Huh looks like it's about 6" too high..I have a feeling your gonna be removeing that spring to cut a coil or two..Or replacing it..

Well its settling in nicely the front end from fender lip to ground is around 27 inches down from almost 30 over night.

Finally got mine on four wheels today:banana: still waiting on American powertrain and my rear calipers to come back. But still making progress at least.

s6.jpg

s5.jpg

s9.jpg

s4.jpg

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

Confused Umm looks like it's ready for some off roading at that height...I hope it settles too.Huh looks like it's about 6" too high..I have a feeling your gonna be removeing that spring to cut a coil or two..Or replacing it..

Well its settling in nicely the front end from fender lip to ground is around 27 inches down from almost 30 over night.

Finally got mine on four wheels today:banana: still waiting on American powertrain and my rear calipers to come back. But still making progress at least.
TnFastback..... I was almost in your hood week before last.... but was turned by the weather at Tuscaloosa. I was headed to Nashville taking 59 north up to 24 then to Murfreesboro.

Anyway love the pics .... that color is one of my favorites.

Doc
Way to go Doc, hopefully the weather will get better for you

Back