What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confused Umm looks like it's ready for some off roading at that height...I hope it settles too.Huh looks like it's about 6" too high..I have a feeling your gonna be removeing that spring to cut a coil or two..Or replacing it..

Well its settling in nicely the front end from fender lip to ground is around 27 inches down from almost 30 over night.

Finally got mine on four wheels today:banana: still waiting on American powertrain and my rear calipers to come back. But still making progress at least.
Thats pretty good 3" overnight I've never seen a spring settle that much The most I've seen is an inch or two & that's after driving for a bit.

Impressive TN !!! You have been a busy bee Must feel great ! CONGRATS on your hard work ..Looks freaking awsome ! Can't wait to see the real wheels on it!

Dang, Roy, looking great! Ya, she still has a high stance, but she's damn fine looking! Keep it up!

Doc
This is number 2 mustang to be done. we done the springs in my uncles last night that was the on thats already starting to settle. Mine has not been moved yet. Hopefully tomorrow I will roll it out and get to really wash it for the first time. Man if I only had some good polish.

Dang, Roy, looking great! Ya, she still has a high stance, but she's damn fine looking! Keep it up!

Doc
This is number 2 mustang to be done. we done the springs in my uncles last night that was the on thats already starting to settle. Mine has not been moved yet. Hopefully tomorrow I will roll it out and get to really wash it for the first time. Man if I only had some good polish.
It's coming your way !!!! I should be able to hit the p.o. on monday sometime:D

Does the car need to rubbed ? or was that done already ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

LOL dont they all? It has only ever had a Wh%#@ bath in its new life as I did not want to rust my chrome jack stands:D

LOL dont they all? It has only ever had a Wh%#@ bath in its new life as I did not want to rust my chrome jack stands:D
Do you have an orbital buffer ?(like the one I'm using here)

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-need-a-spring-time-ride-pics If so I have the bomb for you & are there any fine swirl marks still in the finish?

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-need-a-spring-time-ride-pics If so I have the bomb for you & are there any fine swirl marks still in the finish?
We do have a buffer and no the car has not been buffed yet. My body man said after we finished putting the car together, bring it back and he will fix anything we messed up and do a final buff, etc.....

We do have a buffer and no the car has not been buffed yet. My body man said after we finished putting the car together, bring it back and he will fix anything we messed up and do a final buff, etc.....
Ok..so if he's gonna buff it..You just need the stuff to maintain it..Got it going out monday.

LOOKS REAL NICE ERIC...Good job! Your best bet on the spot weld cutters are the blair set..Your gonna need a few different sizes. this is your best bet http://www.amazon.com/Blair-Equipment-11090N-Rotabroach-Cutter/dp/B000LQOCRK/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_text_c

You can also buy braid point drill bits at home depot which work really well too ! I use a combo of both..
Thanks Man! Good advice on the Blair kit and Home Depot stuff. I snagged a 3/8" spot-weld remover bit from NAPA - worked like a champ getting the cowl covers off (the outer corner pieces) - for the most part. I'm working on getting the firewall, floor, and other cowl scraps off the 'new' front clip to get ready for the front-end swap. It's going slower than I thought it would... but any progress is still progress, I suppose.

Thanks Man! Good advice on the Blair kit and Home Depot stuff. I snagged a 3/8" spot-weld remover bit from NAPA - worked like a champ getting the cowl covers off (the outer corner pieces) - for the most part. I'm working on getting the firewall, floor, and other cowl scraps off the 'new' front clip to get ready for the front-end swap. It's going slower than I thought it would... but any progress is still progress, I suppose.

Good job, I know what you mean on slow progress. But hopefully one day when we are cruizing down the roads we can laugh about it then but sure sucks right now.

Confused Umm looks like it's ready for some off roading at that height...I hope it settles too.Huh looks like it's about 6" too high..I have a feeling your gonna be removeing that spring to cut a coil or two..Or replacing it..

Well its settling in nicely the front end from fender lip to ground is around 27 inches down from almost 30 over night.

Finally got mine on four wheels today:banana: still waiting on American powertrain and my rear calipers to come back. But still making progress at least.
TnFastback..... I was almost in your hood week before last.... but was turned by the weather at Tuscaloosa. I was headed to Nashville taking 59 north up to 24 then to Murfreesboro.

Anyway love the pics .... that color is one of my favorites.
Thanks, If you ever get to the area just give me a yell, we can get some lunch and shoot some mustang bull.

Last edited by a moderator:
well folks!!! today was a Mustang Day for me!... i did some things in the car, i'm trying to get the engine bay as clean as i can... I was working arround the battery, installed the battery hold down and cleaned up some of the cables...

I also did something in the interior... well... i'm gonna upload some pics in the other thread so go there and check them out.. and VOTE!!

hey Tnfastbk... great dog dishes!! i love them!! your car is about to go back into life!!! :) ENJOY MAN!!!

well folks!!! today was a Mustang Day for me!... i did some things in the car, i'm trying to get the engine bay as clean as i can... I was working arround the battery, installed the battery hold down and cleaned up some of the cables...

I also did something in the interior... well... i'm gonna upload some pics in the other thread so go there and check them out.. and VOTE!!

hey Tnfastbk... great dog dishes!! i love them!! your car is about to go back into life!!! :) ENJOY MAN!!!
Thanks but the dog dishes are just for rolling right now as they will not fit the car once I get the new calipers in later in the week. It also has a long way to go, hopefully this week we will start installing the new Wiring harness and Maybe some progress from American Powertrain on my clutch.

Thanks but the dog dishes are just for rolling right now as they will not fit the car once I get the new calipers in later in the week. It also has a long way to go, hopefully this week we will start installing the new Wiring harness and Maybe some progress from American Powertrain on my clutch.
I know.. you have to go high on the wheels... but i still love the dog dishes!! :p

Did you start the engine?? Well.. remember me if you want to get rid of the old school wheel covers!! :)

Baby got her first bath:D
The car looks awesome, really clean man! is there an engine in it ? :p just kidding lol

Back