What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark - nice!

Corey - sounds like a productive day.

This last weekend I installed the interior door panels, which turned out pretty nice. Except for the fact that there are no cutouts for the panel clips on the bottom :mad:. Have to do something about that, maybe velcro.

Today we replaced the pumpkin.

Bought a 3.50 "posi" (Trac-Lok) from

Don of OMS and replaced the 2.75 posi.

Sorry to use the word "posi" which is GM

nomenclature, but it is easier to spell.

After driving a 2.75 since I bought the car

the 3.50 will take some getting used to :D

mike

HPIM3199.JPG

P4180312.JPG

Guys I have no picture but what the hell is the trick with getting my filler neck into my gas tank other that putting oil on it?
I used two hands, one pushing the neck from the top (inside the trunk), the other slightly twisting/shifting from the filler part. It went in with a little work.

I had a new tank and cleaned neck no fuel I used a heat gun and seriously an hour and motor oil to get mine in.

Guys I have no picture but what the hell is the trick with getting my filler neck into my gas tank other that putting oil on it?
I used two hands, one pushing the neck from the top (inside the trunk), the other slightly twisting/shifting from the filler part. It went in with a little work.

Installed rear sway bar today

DSCN2498_zpsd1587c72.jpg

Got the rear glass out today - in 1 piece and... wait for it... NO RUST!!! (must've been above the high-water mark when it was parked in the river rofl )

Now, just gotta order a new rear window seal, sail panels, a bunch of molding clips, and a half-dozen cans of SEM interior black. Then Rust Bullet the last of the package tray and window channel, RaaMat the roof and sail panels, make a package tray panel out of masonite, install the headliner and sail panels, paint & install the package tray trim, get the glass back in and that'll be done!

I know, I know... it sounds quick and easy when you say it fast. LOL!

Gas tank and fillerneck with flip open cap is installed!!!! I'll post up a pic tomorrow. Now what size screws and how long to secure the boot to the floor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaced the driver's axle bearing only to discover the axle shaft

was grooved where the bearing sits. Some of the bearings were

flattened so they had not been turning. Now we hunt for a new axle,

and buy another bearing set. I think the plan is to have an axle

made.

mike

P4200316.JPG

Replaced the driver's axle bearing only to discover the axle shaft

was grooved where the bearing sits. Some of the bearings were

flattened so they had not been turning. Now we hunt for a new axle,

and buy another bearing set. I think the plan is to have an axle

made.

mike
Mike

Be sure to tear the chunk apart. I'm pretty sure your going to find some damage on that side.

Mike email sent - how many axles do you want ??? :p

Mark he pulled out a 275 open AKA boat anchor UNLESS you have a chevy block laying around :angel:

Don

Mike email sent - how many axles do you want ??? :p

Mark he pulled out a 275 open AKA boat anchor UNLESS you have a chevy block laying around :angel:

Don
Does everybody else get special attention on their packages from Don? :p

DSCN2477.JPG

Here's the picture of the completed tank from yesterday I promised. Decided to start putting things together that I could handle to see what is next to be done. Figured I'd start from the rear and work my way forward. Then got an idea about the A/C unit I put in and decided I would test my ground. Figure on doing this at every stage to verify them before tying it all together to the main harness.

DSCN2475.JPGDSCN2476.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some sanding and painting on the engine bay parts today. Found out 73 horns are different than 72 after I already cleaned and painted them.

[attachment=15163]

I was going to start sanding and stripping my car today but I got sidetracked when I found 2 I repeat 2 factory dent-less 73 mustang fenders at a bargain price of 150. I just could not pass that up, it will save me about 15-20 hours of body work. These things are beautiful, well at least to me haha.

the told me he had just gotten the best pair of 73 mustang fenders to ever grace his property that weren't new. I had to look, he threw a $200 bid out and I countered with $150 cash in my hand and he bit. Loaded them in my truck and slapped them suckers on. I am so happy my grilled lines up and my coupe doesn't have a puzzled look on her face.

only thing that sucks is the fenders have a chrome strip molding down the side and one was missing but oh well I can deal with it. Sorry I don't have pictures to upload right now I will have to sign on in my laptop after I shower and I will post them in my build thread.

Back