What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like fun except for the 4-way stop fiasco. I hate the 4-way stop near our home, it's amazing how a lot of drivers are ignorant as to how it works or are just pushy!

Rust repair, started stripping down the trunck in my 73. Removed the tail light panel, and the PO's custom trunk floor patch......

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - WAY better than my trunk was. LOL!! Hang in there - you'll have it back together in no time. ::thumb::

Installing new front suspension! The car's almost ready to take off the jack stands!

ft suspension.JPG

First post ever, love the site. Anyway, this past weekend I changed speedo cable and installed lokar kickdown kit while I had the car up. Today my son and I took car out, went in search of some type f auto trans fluid, took it down the interstate to see if kickdown made difference (love the on ramps). Then to McDonald's for some food for him. Major burnout on the way home, this car will absolutely melt tires/get sideways.
Awesome. You should post up an intro thread with a story and pictures. Especially pictures! ::beer::

Well, what did we do. We took it up to Keller's Drive In for the Saturday night cruise. Primer, rust and all.

It really fun to sit there as the shinier, meticulously detailed cars get all the attention while you sip your beer and scarf down your #5 and tater tots and admire all the great iron. Right up until a couple of guys pull into the space next to you (in a Turbo 3.8L LeSabre; had no idea such a thing even existed) and they both bail out, immediately RUN around your car to the VIN tag, and say, in unison, "It's a freakin J CODE!. I KNEW IT!".

One guy says, "We were rolling through and spotted your car and as soon as I saw the double-dimple axle buttons I knew it was a 31-spline rear end. Saw the 'RAM AIR' on the hood and we couldn't wait to get in here and see this car!".

Guy starts pointing out all of the special 429 CJ parts. Knew way more than I did (that's the CJ underdrive pulley on the altenator, etc). Turns out he and his bud have done several Cyclone 429 projects and just love the 385 series motors.

That was some fun.

Did some more sanding on the trunk floor. Still need to sand the wheel houses trunk drop offs and inner quarters.

Well, what did we do. We took it up to Keller's Drive In for the Saturday night cruise. Primer, rust and all.

It really fun to sit there as the shinier, meticulously detailed cars get all the attention while you sip your beer and scarf down your #5 and tater tots and admire all the great iron. Right up until a couple of guys pull into the space next to you (in a Turbo 3.8L LeSabre; had no idea such a thing even existed) and they both bail out, immediately RUN around your car to the VIN tag, and say, in unison, "It's a freakin J CODE!. I KNEW IT!".

One guy says, "We were rolling through and spotted your car and as soon as I saw the double-dimple axle buttons I knew it was a 31-spline rear end. Saw the 'RAM AIR' on the hood and we couldn't wait to get in here and see this car!".

Guy starts pointing out all of the special 429 CJ parts. Knew way more than I did (that's the CJ underdrive pulley on the altenator, etc). Turns out he and his bud have done several Cyclone 429 projects and just love the 385 series motors.

That was some fun.
Too Cool!:cool:trunk.jpg

I sanded the edges of the torn clear coat on the hood so they are smooth. Tomorrow I'm gonna have the center part of the hood wrapped in black.

It's the easiest fix right now that will not require any painting or replacing parts.

After the summer we'll see if it stays like that or if I go for something different.

Changed out my old leafsprings with 4 leaf ,429 springs & 1" extended shackles, only gained 1 1/4 inches ,figured it would be more ,but it still sets up better.

Been chasing a rough idle problem for a while. I decided it was a vacuum leak and likely was the intake gaskets (using the turkey pan) so I started to pull the intake and was unplugging the vacuum lines and noticed an open port on the "tree". AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH, why is it always something simple that bites you in the butt? :D

Well after I took her to my moms house to visit for mothers day the wife wanted to "be like the good ol days" and named off a certain backroad in the area that's long, flat and rarely traveled. So I thought to myself..i don't know of this is a good idea (you ever notice now being older that when you were young you didn't think about how bad you were tearing up your stuff you just did it and said hell yeah!) but she convinced me. So she asked if I had enough gas to have a little fun so I went down said backroad and came to a close stop, gave her some revs and let out the clutch and let her rip for about 50ft slammed 2nd and held tight. Looking back there was so much smoke and was now enclosing the interior of "fresh burnt rubber" and I looked at her and she was all smiles. What a fun day and I'm so glad to be able to have her running well and ready to stretch her legs.

On a side note, I pulled her in the garage and started masking her off. I have a really nice looking color that we both seemed to like and tested it out on one section. I know everyone likes pics but I'm going to hold back on those until it is done. So my next picture you guys will see of my car will be all one color!

I decided to do something fun today, as I'm tired of looking at the underside of the car. I started on the interior. I painted the top of the dashboard, installed the new dash pad, painted the glove box door and installed the new trim panel. I also started to take the rest of the dash board apart so it can be painted and started restoring the center console. Fun day! I also cooked my wife dinner and bought a new pool vacuum. Good times!

949643_10201323140827248_1842801256_o.jpg958806_10201323046504890_115144856_o.jpg949576_10201323133747071_793043414_o.jpg

swapped out my rear springs with 428 springs for a bit more performance and fresh stance.shocks all around up next then new mallory distributor.

swapped out my rear springs with 428 springs for a bit more performance and fresh stance.shocks all around up next then new mallory distributor.
Getting ready to change my rear leaf springs on a '71 Grande.

Car came with the competition suspension package so I will need

the heavy springs. Did you run into any issues?

mike

My parents have a couple from the UK that my parents have known for years staying with them for a few days, and we thought we'd get the mach out and take the guy for a ride in an american muscle car and go get a burger at one of my favorite local burger places (the whole american experience I guess,lol)

So that's what we did....car drove fine and everything went good. Though we had to stop at albertsons and get some mothers day stuff before we forgot but that was fine too.

Really the only problem today was this impatient douche in a white honda accord trying to hustle us/get in front of us as we were leaving the shopping center, where he basically tried to roll through a four way stop in the middle of the shopping center, even though it was our turn to go, and then honked at us when I stopped at the red light on the main intersection before turning right (even though that's what you're supposed to do).

(I'm pretty sure my dad who was riding shotgun flipped him for that,lol)

Of course he tore past and got in front of us first chance he got but we went right at the next intersection (which was also red) so he just came off looking like you're typical honda mom-mobile driving douchebag.

But really other than that, it was a good day, and it was cool to take my dad's friend out in car he'd never been in before....I think he really enjoyed it.[/i]
Did he have his hat on sideways? I hate those guys!

Did he have his hat on sideways? I hate those guys!
What do you expect if they're too stupid to even put their hats on. :)

Ok, I had my hood wrapped in black to cover the damage with the peeled clear coat. To make it look more "factory" I went for a small line around the blackout.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368533740.519377.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368533752.775860.jpg

Back