What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did he have his hat on sideways? I hate those guys!
What do you expect if they're too stupid to even put their hats on. :)

Ok, I had my hood wrapped in black to cover the damage with the peeled clear coat. To make it look more "factory" I went for a small line around the blackout.
Looks Good Lux!!

Ok, I had my hood wrapped in black to cover the damage with the peeled clear coat. To make it look more "factory" I went for a small line around the blackout.
I like it!

looks good man .. nice touch You have to make another video with the new look... nice combo goes great with the black wheels....

I replaced the oil pan gasket and re installed with all new screws.. after that was complete just looked at her for a while

Last edited by a moderator:

Very nice Mike!

Since I'm on vacation...in the last 3 days...I pulled the intake manifold, oil pan and valve covers to reseal/clean/paint and reinstalled it all. See pics...oh yeah...this is for my 70 Mustang (Snow White). My 72 (Ginger) watched me do it though and I consulted her from time to time. She ignored me and rolled her eyes twice.

I did the intake manifold and oil pan primarily because of oil leaks but I also get white smoke once the thermostat opens up so just short of swapping the head gaskets and valve stem seals I tackled the intake manifold.

Ford Blue is just awesome.

Engine Before.jpg

Painted Intake Manifold.jpg

Painted Oil Pan.jpg

Painted Valve Covers.jpg

Finished Engine.jpg

I did a little welding and a hole lot of sanding and grinding down in the right wheel well/trunk drop off. I plan on doing the left side on Saturday. Hopefully by the end of Saturday I'll be ready to prime the inside of the trunk.

Dragged out one of the replacement doors today to get it ready for the hardware transfer. Couldn't find a pinhole in it. :D I've decided. What a great place to test my color after I rustproof the inside.

DSCN2524.JPGDSCN2525.JPGDSCN2526.JPGDSCN2527.JPGDSCN2528.JPG

OK, so I got my fuse box done and mounted. Everything's wired up, and works like a champ. But the cool thing is that it's modular, meaning that I can move it somewhere else or re-wire things if I don't like how they are. I took the 12V keyed 'On' wire I'd originally hooked up to the Duraspark module, and decided to power the relay with it, and put a 20A fuse in the block for the Duraspark module.

With that done, hopefully I'll get to turn the key this weekend. :D

Lux has the Gone in 60 Seconds look now - and pretty darn accurate too ;)

-Kurt

Replaced the starter after some detective work.

Went to start the car and got one crank then nothing.

You would assume a dead battery although the headlights

worked, just no crank at the starter. We measured battery

voltage at 12V which dropped to 5V when the engine was

cranked. Bad battery I guess. We jumped the car from

my mechanic's truck and no crank. Measured voltage while

jumping the car at 14 then turned the ignition to "start" and

the voltage dropped to 5V at the battery. We bypassed the

solenoid and put jumper juice directly to the starter, nothing.

I was ready to buy a new battery as that was the obvious choice.

When the old starter was removed my mechanic said it was toast.

mike

P5180340.JPG

With that done, hopefully I'll get to turn the key this weekend. :D
Geez, Eric, I thought I was the procrastinator. If I don't see some pics or vids of the first fire-up by 7pm Sunday, I might have to pass that badge to you. :D

Keep us posted, for crying out loud!!
No procrastination here - every time I think I'm ready to fire it up, something else shows its ugly face. Not to mention that the shop is freaken busy! All of my lifts (6) were already taken up by 10:03... and I opened at 10:00.

I'm also kinda wanting my pal Jim here when it happens, since he's done way more of these than I have. Just want to make sure nothing goes wrong, ya know? (He's on his way back from Roswell, NM - he went to visit his Mom over Mother's Day - she's only 94...)

I'll try not to let ya down!

Back