What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2moqpzq.jpg

I forgot to mention I installed a flip down cap from an earlier model mustang, Just had to trim the bottom of the honeycomb panel and aluminum a bit to make it fit. Trying to decide if I want to repaint the stripes in it or just leave it faded and as is. BTW it doesn't line up properly in the center of the panel like the 71 model would, but the screw holes are in all the right places.

I bought this Mustang 6 years ago, this was first start, and it was yesterday .Its time to get it on the road again.

video:

newwheels.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing yet for today, but I got the engine in yesterday!

Had awesome help from the family to get it in,

Problems? The 4 speed crossmember I had acquired years ago did not fit my car!! I am an engineer so I measured the spacing between bolt holes on the car frame and on the crossmember. Frame 13.5 CL to CL, crossmember 12.5 CL to CL. I discovered it was from a damaged vehicle. A few strategic hits with my engineers hammer, and BOOM, the crossmember fits perfectly!

So now I have an engine in the engine bay for the first time in 11 years, and considering there is a 4-speed behind it, my car is now officially a 4-speed vehicle although still a ways from being drive able.

View attachment 32400

Filled some new fuel in to tank and find out that fuel line was clogged and so was the fuel sending unit. Also filled some water in to radiator, and find out it was leaking badly. Fortunately i had one aluminium radiator in stock, that fits directly to Mustang. Also installed Patriot headers and they fit just fine.

Few steps closer to driving condition... :)

patriot.jpg

Nothing yet for today, but I got the engine in yesterday!

Had awesome help from the family to get it in,

Problems? The 4 speed crossmember I had acquired years ago did not fit my car!! I am an engineer so I measured the spacing between bolt holes on the car frame and on the crossmember. Frame 13.5 CL to CL, crossmember 12.5 CL to CL. I discovered it was from a damaged vehicle. A few strategic hits with my engineers hammer, and BOOM, the crossmember fits perfectly!

So now I have an engine in the engine bay for the first time in 11 years, and considering there is a 4-speed behind it, my car is now officially a 4-speed vehicle although still a ways from being drive able.
Good to hear - one small step for the manhood but a big for you - congrats ::thumb::

Filled some new fuel in to tank and find out that fuel line was clogged and so was the fuel sending unit. Also filled some water in to radiator, and find out it was leaking badly. Fortunately i had one aluminium radiator in stock, that fits directly to Mustang. Also installed Patriot headers and they fit just fine.

Few steps closer to driving condition... :)
Yeah, go on straight ::thumb::

Well Friday I rebuilt the spring perches on the rear axle, yesterday I installed my Toploader in place of the T-45, today I washed it, drove about 80 miles so far, and have done a handful of little details. I had a outdoor faucet freeze this winter, so I am taking it to the store to get a replacement so I can wash it in the back of the house next time (which should be July or so)

I cleaned out the garage a bit and reoganized and hung my air tools and new fire extinguisher.

Yesterday I finally finished painting my trunk. Some douche put the wet car cover in the trunk after which it started rusting. I sanded most of the trunk and used Eastwood rust encapsulator first, two layers. Then I emptied one can of trunk spatter. I was expecting it to be black base paint with white spatters but it was just black and white spatters so you can still see where I didn't sand. It's an improvement nevertheless, see for yourself:

Before:

IMG_4392.JPG

After:

IMG_8933.JPG

I'm going to finish it off with one or two layers of clear coat.

I sat in my garage drinking a beer wishing my engine would someday come back from the rebuilder so I can get it installed and get the car back on the road. It's been a paperweight for my concrete floor! :(

Brian

Made a new smaller fitting to aftermarket radiator, and weld it.

Also removed fuel sending unit and no wonder that nothing came out... :D

DSC_2030.JPG

DSC_2031.JPG

I sat in my garage drinking a beer wishing my engine would someday come back from the rebuilder so I can get it installed and get the car back on the road. It's been a paperweight for my concrete floor! :(

Brian
Ahh drinking beer in the garage. Fun.

Well Friday I rebuilt the spring perches on the rear axle, yesterday I installed my Toploader in place of the T-45, today I washed it, drove about 80 miles so far, and have done a handful of little details. I had a outdoor faucet freeze this winter, so I am taking it to the store to get a replacement so I can wash it in the back of the house next time (which should be July or so)

I cleaned out the garage a bit and reoganized and hung my air tools and new fire extinguisher.
Good to see that your ride is back up And running. I llike that gas cap a lot too.

Well nothing today, but got the wife to agree to give me all day Sunday to work on the car and I'm taking Monday off work to do the same. Hoping to make a lot of progress on the Trans swap in 2 days!!! Cutting it way to close to getting to be warm weather, need to get this done and back on the road.

Today I dissembled waterpump and timing cover, monday I will get new timing kit. Wonder why there was this older 3-bolt balancer,(broken), outer ring found in the trunk...Shouldnt there be this newer model?

Also dissembled some interior and weatherstripping. Rearly I have met anything so brittle than these A-pillar trims :( Trying to find new ones, another choice is try to fix them...

25708914965_fd9e01f702_k.jpg

25682873756_cd3331be67_k.jpg

25613844451_ae9b7ae775_k.jpg

Back