What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winning the battle against brake lines.

Made up a mount to bolt in place of the stock combo valve.

I don't mean to be negative, but when bending brake lines, you will usually see a coil shape bent into the lines to absorb vibration.  Without that coil shaped bends, the lines could fail from vibration issues.  Probably won't happen and if it does it may be years from now, but what I was taught makes sense and I felt the need to share.

I just copied the original tube layout, but swapped the combo valve for a tee and an adjustable prop valve.  When I make up the lines to the master cyl I plan on flex loops.

bbcode link image

Put in a new convertible top switch. Sick of the new garbage reproduction. Even the zip ties didn't help keep the switch working. Crap contacts and mechanism.

1dfe30f74fefb536d8d30e175212c74c.jpg

Used this one:

http://www.convertibleparts.com/unvrswi.html

Works great but the threaded shaft is a tiny bit smaller than the factory one. I had to superglue the nut that came with it to the end of the factory bezel nut. That worked and it's secure as you can see.

4668708dc446f59c8b404442f99554d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redid/cleaned up all the electrics in engine bay,

Done and tired to look/test wires, 2 weeks back there was a thread showing (bit pricey) aluminum cowl vent covers...

Wondered how hard it would be to make them so I gave it a try.

Turns out using my own CNC machine (read: my hands), less than 1 hour is enough (cut/drill/polish) and made this first set...

I'll prolly make some more combining other grille/metal.

and here in context (not fastened yet).

Installed new brakes and steering linkage. I'm trying to source motor mounts and an in tank fuel pump setup. I'm getting close to dropping the engine in. I think I'll start a build thread once it's together. 

TzgjRORl.jpg

XkffD9ll.jpg

Last weekend I went out to the 2017 Ruckus at the Rec Camp Car Show & Armed Forces Chili Cook-Off.  Had a blast and won another plaque.  Horny Mike from Counts Kustoms was there as well - he's an awesome guy and loves making these appearances.  Poor guy was majorly hung-over the next morning on the flight out of San Angelo (I was headed to Denver for a training class for work).

Here's Frank:

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

And some old fat guy with Horny Mike :D

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Here's a link to all the rest of the cool cars at the show.  Not a bad turn-out considering West Texas Shakedown was going on at the coliseum that day as well (200+ low-riders, hoopties, hoppers, bikes, rolling stereos, etc.).  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1753061721371405.1073741843.100000027814872&type=1&l=4d8213a74a

I'm at a Labor Day car show / picnic today but I'll send you the link tonight or tomorrow. I bought a pair of reconditioned headlights buckets in case I needed to do modifications but the LED headlights fit perfectly without any modifications.
I installed mine over the weekend. I didn't like the silver background on the buckets, so I painted them black..Got them in this evening. Left a silver outline that matches the rest of the grill area perfectly.  They look way better in person, I love 'em

thanks EB

PA080008.jpg

PA090010_1.jpg

PA080009.jpg

PA090011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
18 years ago, took the rear bumper out to store it above the car while busy, and sprayed it generously with teflon,

so it repeals moisture (Netherlands != Nevada)

Today, spend almost 3 hours to get it out. Turns out it "mutate" into some kind of hard finish coating over the years (left on pict).

Tons of very gentle moves with solvant on coton later and almost 3 hours, finally got it out without making scratches.

So good news is, it's very well preserved, but I know for sure next one I'll store will be rolled into plastic with trans oil. Much more easy to remove.

I'm at a Labor Day car show / picnic today but I'll send you the link tonight or tomorrow. I bought a pair of reconditioned headlights buckets in case I needed to do modifications but the LED headlights fit perfectly without any modifications.
I installed mine over the weekend. I didn't like the silver background on the buckets, so I painted them black..Got them in this evening. Left a silver outline that matches the rest of the grill area perfectly.  They look way better in person, I love 'em

thanks EB

PA080008.jpg

PA090010_1.jpg

PA080009.jpg

PA090011.jpg
+1.  Saw both of your posts and could not resist.  Very easy, just plug and play.  Huge improvement in illumination from dull yellow to bright white.  Thanks for pointing me towards this very cool mod.

Last weekend I went out to the 2017 Ruckus at the Rec Camp Car Show & Armed Forces Chili Cook-Off.  Had a blast and won another plaque.  Horny Mike from Counts Kustoms was there as well - he's an awesome guy and loves making these appearances.  Poor guy was majorly hung-over the next morning on the flight out of San Angelo (I was headed to Denver for a training class for work).

Here's Frank:

And some old fat guy with Horny Mike :D

Here's a link to all the rest of the cool cars at the show.  Not a bad turn-out considering West Texas Shakedown was going on at the coliseum that day as well (200+ low-riders, hoopties, hoppers, bikes, rolling stereos, etc.).  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1753061721371405.1073741843.100000027814872&type=1&l=4d8213a74a
Car is lookin' good Eric!  Glad to see you got it out and enjoyed it.

thanks EB

PA080008.jpg

PA090010_1.jpg

PA080009.jpg

PA090011.jpg
+1.  Saw both of your posts and could not resist.  Very easy, just plug and play.  Huge improvement in illumination from dull yellow to bright white.  Thanks for pointing me towards this very cool mod.

Hey Guys...the new headlights look great!  Isn't it cool how easy they fit into those notches in the buckets?  Since they align themselves with the notches in the buckets they will atleast start out as straight as your old bulbs were. I went through the alignment procedure up against a wall and found them to be pretty close to straight. They were easy to adjust.  Wait till you see how those high beams work!

Got my new fuel tank setup for the Tanks Inc. in-tank setup. I 3d printed a drill jig for the vent opening since my 3" hole saw melted when I tried to use it on steel. I think I accidentally hardened the steel in another project lol. I was having issues with my argon tank and ended up just welding with flux core because I wont have a chance to get a new tank until next week. It looks hideous before I cleaned it up but worked good. Man do I suck with a hammer and dolly too, took me quite a while to get to something marginally acceptable. Took me the better part of Sunday with a trip to home depot in between. All I really need to do now is have bosses welded to my intake manifold so I can bolt the fuel rails down. I am using some convoluted clamp setup that I have never liked. I'd like to also run a smaller hard line under the car because I am using -8 pushlock now and don't feel comfortable with it.

J1rJRPjl.jpg

0qzYx36l.jpg

TCmVWB9l.jpg

IvjWEiVl.jpg

EUAKJsAl.jpg

I'm having a really hard time finding engine mounts, I might just end up fabricating a set. I like what Jason at autoedit did (@1:28): https://youtu.be/bNnukhEMQbo?t=1m28s looks like he just welded a 1/4" steel riser to the frame side mount.

Today was the 2nd Annual Joe's Bar & Grill Car Show (the guys who used to run the GAFB Rec Camp Car Show), and I took Frank out for bit.  Didn't get a plaque, but there were over 100 REALLY NICE cars, and I'm just there to have fun and blow people's minds when they hear (and see pics) about how bad it was when I started.

Here's the obligatory poser shot:

2017carshow1.jpg

And a little thing I like to call 'irony.'

Irony.jpg

Had a blast, but missing my pal Jim.  I'll post a link to my FB album with all the cool cars once I get the pics uploaded.

* Here dey is: https://www.facebook.com/eric.hansen.50/media_set?set=a.1773141946030049.1073741844.100000027814872&type=3

Fired it up for the first time since around August. Had to pour a bit of gas down one of the carbs to get it going. It ran okay. I didn't drive it, just let it warm up a bit and idle. The last time I put fuel in it was back in March or April so it's getting a bit old. I think I will pick it up from mom's house this weekend or next week. The poor thing needs some love. But the weather is getting nice so I should be able to get some seat time.

After cleaning it up a bit my next project is an electric fuel pump. This will help when it has sat for a while for priming the carbs. It will also provide a great way to stop a thief if I put in a hiddle kill switch.

I am really looking forward to driving it again.

Found some motor mounts for cheap on ebay and they turned out to be in great shape. They were being sold as 71-73 mounts so I figured the seller didn't realize they were rare. You can still see the ford logo in the rubber and they are solid. I am considering rebuilding my loose set with polyurethane just to see how hard it would be.

ZY2Tmcel.jpg

l2ddVNbl.jpg

Back