What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked the ride up from the upholstery shop. Had a headliner made. Used the same material as modern Mustang ragtops:

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

Took to show and got arrested  :huh:   I argued with the guy I had no shine in the trunk  :-/

I wasn't even running moonshine.  :chin:

still got the cuffs   :jawdrop:

71 73 mustangs are now top suspects  :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitted left side engine mount

Fitted Gearbox and found its still not right , so tomorrow its gearbox out again

Wired up engine and various sensors.

Flushed power steering by using the "turn by hand" method

Installed a water temp gauge....cant hurt.

Gearbox out and in and out and finally got it in and working the way it should. Well I hope it is.

Tuoday was productive.

Raditator mount made

Water hoses hooked up

Alternator wired up

Cleaned and neatedned uop

Distributor timed

Plug leads all fitted according to firing order

Had a left turn light bulb in the dash out, pulled the dash cover and had to order green LED wedge bulbs. Remembered there was a small rattle in the dash (only at stop lights away from the house) so that needed to be fixed. Speedometer jumped so had a spare Speedo cable to install.  Since I was there cut a hole in my replacement cluster bezel to install my trip reset button. Trip wheel numbers are gone so may need to send to Rocketman.  I really hope I don’t remember anything else.

That’s freaking awesome!!

I’m a Cleveland fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Saturday: Took Frank to a local car show.  Didn't win anything, but had a great time.  My friend Jordan Barnett (Auron73Mach1) bought my pal Jim's '63 1/2 Galaxie 500 XL, got it running, and brought it out to the show.  It was good to see it finally out on the road.  He's planning on continuing the vision Jim had for the car... I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Monday: I ordered a new horn/mounting kit for my Jeep's Grant Challenger steering wheel, along with a new Mustang hat and complete set of lug nuts (since I can't seem to find the nice ones I ordered for the Mustang awhile back - lost somewhere in the garage).  It all just showed up a few minutes ago.  Wow - Summit Racing, knocking it out of the park again! ::thumb::

Removed the pedal assembly  from my Q code. Disassembled it completely and soaked all of the metal parts in Evapo-Rust. Installed the Mustang Steve roller bearing kit and painted everything with Eastwood chassis black. Installed new pedal pads with trim rings. I think it came out pretty good.
Nice job! Looks better than new.

Removed the pedal assembly  from my Q code. Disassembled it completely and soaked all of the metal parts in Evapo-Rust. Installed the Mustang Steve roller bearing kit and painted everything with Eastwood chassis black. Installed new pedal pads with trim rings. I think it came out pretty good.
Excellent work, looks beautiful... all that work and you are going to take your foot and STOMP on it ... repeatedly  :whistling:

Started prep for replacing small area on quarters. Pics elsewhere on that. Cleaned out interior and touched up paint t on underside from pin hole welding in floor boards.

Before:

After:

I think someone tried to jack the car at the passenger drain plate. Had to weld that. I am not that good at welding.  Off topic I worked on rust repair on daughters 87 Bronco II.

Starting making part of my paint setup. 3/4" Cu pipe. Had to order petcocks from Amazon.

Also adventured into welding....failure and then ran out of mig wire. You can see the welds did not penetrate and consistently flow however i was also blowing thru the original sheet metal. I used to support our shop....beat to fit.....paint to match. I ordered more mig wire and will hit these again to get better flow. I tried different settings. I think i am getting closer.

The spot welds in particular are obviously unsatisfactory.....all these pretty pics of finished cars keep me motivated. I ordered a pneumatic angle die grinder to fir in the tight spots.

Not a whole lot going on , or a lot going on but does not seem like it.

1. Gear Selector rod fitted and adjusted

2. Headman Headers fitted - this was super easy , they fit so well (remove LHS engine mount to make it easier)

3. Tuff Stuff Starter fitted

4. Wired up the starter and all the electrics on the engine side

5. Wiper blades and arms fitted

6. Topped up all the coolant and did a pressure test to check for leaks.

Stuff I am stuck on ....

1. Transmission cooler lines - Hard to get in SA and I dont know the fitting sizes

2. Propshaft - Waiting for it to come back from balancing

3. Fuel lines from fuel pump to the carb....I have no idea on sizes , so need to spend some time

4. Swage fittings for Intake (Edelbrock ) - for the brake booster

5. Accelerator cable - need to make up a bracket of sorts and check the operation

6. Speedo cable replacement - I am not in the mood to pull the dash apart again

7. Full front wiring - Lights , horn , indicators etc

Rear bumper still needs to get flushed and front bumper

doors need adjustment , the one is sitting to far out at the bottom

Back