What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roy, it looks great, congrats.

Thanks for all the business and especially the friendship.

Don

Now I am waiting for the " dusting off the tires " vid in YOUR car.

Since you did it in your uncles car, is he going to do it in yours??????????????????
Think he may have this morning:mad:

Don

Since you did it in your uncles car, is he going to do it in yours??????????????????
NICE, I have to buy him a beer for that one :p

Don

Uncle looks pleased and enjoying a beverage after the "experience"! Congrats, looks mighty fine:exclamation: Find a new place for a test drive, and I'll come on up ;)

Uncle looks pleased and enjoying a beverage after the "experience"! Congrats, looks mighty fine:exclamation: Find a new place for a test drive, and I'll come on up ;)
That ditch was many feet away

First drive (just from alignment shop to the garage open headers and all) OMG what fun this is gonna be. She still needs to be properly tuned and some odds and ends tight up, which most will be done tomorrow. Then Monday off the Muffler shop:cool:

2012-01-06_16-26-03_775.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

First drive (just from alignment shop to the garage open headers and all) OMG what fun this is gonna be. She still needs to be properly tuned and some odds and ends tight up, which most will be done tomorrow. Then Monday off the Muffler shop:cool:
it looks awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice weather so I took the pony for a ride. Doesn't happen often this time of yesr in Kansas.

[video=youtube]

Still toiling away with my cowl repairs.....:s

The bottom cowl is mostly done, need to pull the top back off now and clean everything up. Then hang the front clip, then the floors, then... then... etc.

Enjoying everyone else's progress, thought I'd chime in.

Congrats to Roy, awesome job!

DSC06153.JPG

DSC06158.JPG

DSC06159.JPG

DSC06160.JPG

DSC06161.JPG

DSC06163.JPG

DSC06164.JPG

DSC06167.JPG

DSC06168.JPG

Today was a PITA. I got the shackles removed from the leaf springs, then moved to the front spring hangers. Yeah... kicked my ass as the bolts were rusted to the bushings (of course). I was only able to get the passenger side off from there. Not wanting to torch anything (for fear of flying burning rubber), I opted to first cut the springs free of the hanger, then take a section out of the wrap, sleeve, and bushing with the cut-off wheel. Once I got that out, the rest of the hanger came off, then I was able to clamp down the vise-grips, zap it with the impact a few times, and finally knock the bolt out.

It's all good since I've got new everything going in there, but Man - whatta slow process. Oh well, at least I know what to expect tomorrow and should hopefully have the hard-to-get areas cleaned up and get the rear suspension back up under there by the end of the day (except for the shocks - still waiting on the '70 shock mount cross member which should be here sometime next week).

This morning was getting the undercoating off the underside of the floor in preperation for the new pans. This afternoon finished the frame rail welding. Tonight I fit the tail light panel and tacked in the rear cross frame. looks like a good fit and will post pics tomorrow.

Very cool Roy and congrats. ::beer::

New dash bezel, shifter surround, and passenger trim.

IMG_15741.jpg

IMG_15721.jpg

IMG_15731.jpg

Need to give the rest a good cleaning, replace the center gauge bezel, and refinish the floor console to match.

Hey Totalled, What is the light above the glove box? I have the hole but no light.

Latest posts

Back