What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started it up and drove it around. The windshield was really dusty from sitting so I stopped and the local gas station. On the way there I thought 'wow, the car doesn't have as much get up and go as I remember', and it had only been a month or so since I last drove it. Then I noticed the parking brake light was on.... doh!

well last night I put in my trap door and put the fold down seat together.

when you are putting together a car that was taken apart prior to your purchase ...BE PREPARED their idea of "all the pieces are there" may be different than how you interpret that statement.

So I put it together now I know what it will look like when I finish it the right way.

Replaced my broken mirror mount with a new one.
VA!!! Did you buy new grommets for the screws for the right side? my left side has them but the right door the previous owner covered them in an attempt to "fix" the door.

Another question before I start drilling what size bit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about every odd and end wrapped up, heater controls, 1 of 2 fresh air vents hooked up, seems I built one backwards:mad:, door seal plates installed,numerous little things, decided not to carbon fiber the mini console for now. Will be picked up in the morning and dropped off at the muffler shop. I think I am going with an H pipe and Flowmaster Delta 40's with SS tips. 2.5 all the way back.

2012-01-08_17-38-13_655.jpg

2012-01-08_17-38-25_10.jpg

2012-01-08_17-39-00_646.jpg

Simply Awesome, Roy!

I got the front spring hanger off the driver side leaf spring mount today. Then cleaned the crap out of the hanger area, the axle pads and where the U-bolts fit, and the rear frame rails where the shackles mount up. Painted those areas and hung the new springs from the LMM Super Suspension Kit I bought like last year [finally]. The U-bolt nuts sucked - period - so I had to make a run to get some decent nuts, flat & lock washers, and mounted up the repainted old-school Lakewood traction bars. Set it all back down and got a 2" boost in the rear - no more 'tail-dragger' here.

Still gotta mount the sway bar, but I'll hold off a little longer until I get more of that area cleaned up.

Before anybody asks, the auto focus on my crappy little camera took the day off - none of the pictures were worth posting.

Next weekend, either cowl damage or trunk... was thinking about flipping a coin, but I guess I'll hit the cowl damage. I'm thinking I should order quarter panels before things get too much crazier at the Hobby Shop - it's still open for now, but I have a sinking feeling it won't last past the end of February.

Just about every odd and end wrapped up, heater controls, 1 of 2 fresh air vents hooked up, seems I built one backwards:mad:, door seal plates installed,numerous little things, decided not to carbon fiber the mini console for now. Will be picked up in the morning and dropped off at the muffler shop. I think I am going with an H pipe and Flowmaster Delta 40's with SS tips. 2.5 all the way back.
What the heck are you going to with your self now that it's pretty much done:huh:

What's next in line T :idea:

What the heck are you going to with your self now that it's pretty much done:huh:

What's next in line T :idea:
Drive and enjoy, dont think I will ever do this again

Yeah Roy? I have a donor to fill the spot in the shop for awhile so your uncle doesn't get lonely!
LOl you are to late my cousin had his truck in there before I got back from alignment. I hear rumors of the 65 Comet going in next, we will see

Last edited by a moderator:
Set the DS floor pan in to get ready to remove the rest of the floor that's still there. If anybody has tips on measurements and what not on full pan replacements I'm listening hard since 2/3 (along with the seat box) was removed before I got the car. Also, marked up everything on the PS so I wouldn't forget and measured, measured, and measured. Plan forward, put in DS floor, finish trunk floor installation, then get the PS last since it's still intact.

DSCN1386.JPG

Set the DS floor pan in to get ready to remove the rest of the floor that's still there. If anybody has tips on measurements and what not on full pan replacements I'm listening hard since 2/3 (along with the seat box) was removed before I got the car. Also, marked up everything on the PS so I wouldn't forget and measured, measured, and measured. Plan forward, put in DS floor, finish trunk floor installation, then get the PS last since it's still intact.
Mark,

I'm going to do a short video just for you !(& who ever else is doing floors) It's not going to be the full length one I was working on but will get you there !Heading up to the shop now. :) Should have it posted in an hour or two

Ok M..I have some vids for you gonna post on the maintance side instead of here

After seeing Q's videos. Set the pan and made my marks. Waiting on a PM reply from Q on some bracing and cutting questions I had. Will post results soon. :huh:

DSCN1386.JPGDSCN1387.JPGDSCN1388.JPG

Going to drillout the spot welds at the seam where the floor meets the firewall riser per Q's recommendation. See what's left from there.
I have had good luck with and air hammer with a flat chisel bit in it to get the spot welds broke free. Just have to be careful, but it saves a pile of time .

Back