What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continued the seemingly never-ending process of cleaning and repainting little brackets and pulleys and such. I should have done this while I was whining about the lack of motivation to get the engine off the stand and back in the 'vert. Now with it back in and major progress taking shape (she's just waiting for the new Holley carb to be mounted), I'm having to spend tons of time with toothbrushes, rags, primer, and spray paint. :-/

Ordered a new alternator and power steering pump which should be here tomorrow. I'll post pics when I get them mounted.

Continued stripping off trim and whatnot, getting ready for paint. Have to remove the windshield, need to get some piano wire or something for that job. After that I have to remove the front bumper and grill, then it should be ready for body work.
Hey Steve, go by Harbor Freight if you get a chance, I had good luck with their windshield removal kit, I think it was less than $20, and comes with the wire and handles you can work around the perimeter. I did mine by myself.

:worthlesswithoutpics: LMAO!

Come on, Doc - give us a pic! :D
Oh, for Pete's sake, Eric. Who wants to look at some dumb engine brackets?

There, happy now?

Well, I guess they look pretty sharp now that I look at them....:p :D

More tomorrow.

Doc
Me personally never get tired of seeing good work. Quality job!!

Continued stripping off trim and whatnot, getting ready for paint. Have to remove the windshield, need to get some piano wire or something for that job. After that I have to remove the front bumper and grill, then it should be ready for body work.
Hey Steve, go by Harbor Freight if you get a chance, I had good luck with their windshield removal kit, I think it was less than $20, and comes with the wire and handles you can work around the perimeter. I did mine by myself.
Hey, good tip! I'll probably do that this weekend. Let you know how it turns out. Did it come out pretty easy when you did it?

There, happy now?

More tomorrow.

Doc
ME :p Think of it this way someone may need to see how the brackets are mounted also 10 years from now you can look back and remember when you done them

Hey, good tip! I'll probably do that this weekend. Let you know how it turns out. Did it come out pretty easy when you did it?
The wire is very flexible and serrated, the handles make it easy to secure. It still takes time and patience, but I had good luck. The worse part is the bottom, lots of metal to stick stuff to.

There, happy now?

More tomorrow.

Doc
I do I do.:D Nice job Doc.
Well, heck then. I'll keep the camera closer at hand and thank everyone for the kind words. Thanks, GUYS!! ::beer::

Working on doing the passenger door repair today..Finally got caught up with my regular work so Joey & I are spending the rest of the week at the Saturday Morning Garage FULL TIME !

100_3368.JPG100_3370.JPG100_3369.JPG100_3371.JPG100_3374.JPG100_3377.JPG

Back