What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the day getting a complete dash wiring harness out of the junkyard, the only good one left for $75. Getting kind of tired of random things not working in the car and having to reach under the dash and wiggle wires lol. Plus I need to mount my new MSD box Pulled the dash out earlier and low and behold my new heater core is leaking. Guess it's a good thing I found it. Also a good time to Dynamat the firewall and repaint my entire dash with a pint of SEM I got today. Hopefully all this will be done by Saturday.

Finally got to get the mustang out and drive it a bit to a local car night in La Mesa,CA...though I had to give it a quick wash in 80+ degrees w/ direct sun first which was a fun race,lol

Rgregory was there w/ his of course (since he lives round there). And he was just hanging out since he got there a bit later than me.

I was also handing out flyers for my club's big annual show coming up in a few months downtown. I handed them out to people and left them in the seats of a ton of fords....but it kinda bugs me that the only one that got away was a decent/good looking silver 71-73 vert that made one pass down the street and was gone before I could get to the corner to give him one.

(that's at least the 2nd time he's done that to me when I've been down there lately)

But either way I'm gonna take it down there again next week. But I'm gonna meet up with some friends in the afternoon (gives me an excuse to try and get a better parking spot). And we'll see if he's there next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got the urethane bumper separated from the rusty brackets and completely torn down from the steel core. It was officially the last rusty piece of the car. Yay!

Here's the urethane cover, rusty brackets, and what's left of the hardware after giving it up to the cut-off wheel and air chisel.

1098003_669838266360428_145329578_n.jpg

Amazingly enough, the steel core actually fit in the 'blaster... barely.

559675_669838276360427_236365852_n.jpg

Two hours later, the core is ready for Rust Bullet Black Shell.

534934_669838279693760_58990367_n.jpg

Now, I just gotta score some urethane filler and primer, then rehab the cover. Then it all goes back together with new hardware and brackets.

It's pretty sad, but the dyno does make a dandy workbench. rofl

Refinished and installed the evap canister. Glad to be working on the Mustang again!

evap cannister.jpg

experimented taking pics of my car in low light w/ the headlights/running lights on

Continued the very long process of tearing the car apart. Got the exhaust off. That was the last thing in the rear other than brake lines.

I also very unsuccessfully removed the windshield in one piece. Had the glue about 75% cut free then POP, it broke into 50 pieces.

Meh, I was looking for a reason to put lexan windows in anyways.

Fit my H-Pipe in and welded my Tri-Y header collectors to it. Working on the exhaust to fit everything now.

Oh and I confirmed I have a bad head gasket. Header smelled like coolant after removing it. So the search continues for a good roller block.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the urethane (more like, "vulcanized rubber") bumper cover sanded down, and the steel bumper core coated with Rust Bullet Black Shell.

1098120_671628749514713_140299251_n.jpg

Hopefully, next weekend I'll get to fill the bad spots and get it primed... then put it all back together and on the car. It's really not in THAT bad of shape... just a couple of gouges and they're pretty much on the underside.

Latest posts

Back