What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fixed my cigarette lighter and tightened and lubed my glove compartment latch so it dosnt wiggle when i'm on the freeway anymore. Im also ordering a speedometer cable and some new tires! Cooper Cobras!

Last edited by a moderator:
Zach and i just finished our exhaust project. For around 1200, we installed jba ss shorties, hpipe, magnaflow cats, cherrybomb glasspacks and side exhaust. Must say, i am very proud of the end result. The car sounds so good now! What a difference in sound and hp!

Zach and i just finished our exhaust project. For around 1200, we installed jba ss shorties, hpipe, magnaflow cats, cherrybomb glasspacks and side exhaust. Must say, i am very proud of the end result. The car sounds so good now! What a difference in sound and hp!
Cats?

I'm happy to say, stopped by the body shop picked up my grill lights, rear spoinler, and hood scoops. I had to put them on as soon as i got home!!!! SO i have the spoiler on, center lights in and scoops in.... in places shes starting to look like a car!!!! :cool:

Some of you may be scratching your head on the grill lights....I had them painted to match the "silver pearl" stripe on the hood. Came together real nice.[/align]

Well since work has slowed haven't been able to do much, but today i just got tired of the hole in the hood the PO put in it for the scoop, Have not done any body work in YEARS so until i can buy a new hood i thought i would patch this one for now
IM002695.jpg
IM002696.jpg
Hope it turns out okay lollerz Okay got hole patched and on goes the fiberglass
IM002699-1.jpg
i know it does not look the best but like i said its been a while got fiber sanded down and now some bondo
IM002701.jpg
IM002704.jpg
getting it smoothed out ran out of daylight so hope to skim it with glaze tomorrow and have it painted by Saturday night Sunday morning. It is just a temporary fix but figure i better practice up on my body work, got more to do later

I don't know if this counts, but in exactly 90 minutes I'm picking up my plain little old 73 H code from the restoration shop if the weather cooperates. Then I'm going straight over to get a wheel alignment......not that I'm counting the minutes or anything like that lol

I don't know if this counts, but in exactly 90 minutes I'm picking up my plain little old 73 H code from the restoration shop if the weather cooperates. Then I'm going straight over to get a wheel alignment......not that I'm counting the minutes or anything like that lol
Don't forget the camera!

Took out 75% of the interior getting ready for soda blast. All that is left to remove is the headliner, the instrument cluster (and associated dash parts), and the two interior panels in the back. I don't know what they are called. Next week I'm going to get a quote on having the interior and exterior soda blasted...at the very least I'll get the interior done and primed, then save up cash for the exterior (there's going to be some body work required).

Got the rubberized undercoating and other funk removed from the firewall, and painted on a coat of Rust Bullet Black Shell to protect my new shiny metal (pictures later). Gotta couple of bad spots, but no biggie though - still on-track to get the 'new' front clip on the car sometime in the next couple or three weekends.

Taking a day-trip to Wichita Falls tomorrow, so I won't get back to it until next weekend.

Don't forget the camera!
Ehhhh we demand pic's of said plain lil ole 73:D:D:D

I took the Droptop on a little 150 mile jaunt to a car show and an open house @ a private Drag Racing museum. There were a few 71-73 Mustangs at the show. I made contact with most of the owners preaching the "gospel" of our little home away from home here. The car ran well and it was a great time even though it drizzled most of the way there and rained on the way home. BTW the car's top didn't leak... much, way better than before.

0528111107a.jpg

0528111141a.jpg

0528111205.jpg

0528111109.jpg

Finished ripping out the interior today, lots of surface rust but little else. Next up: quote for media blasting! Then pull off the window trim, pull out the windows, and (depending on the shape of the cowl) pulling out the dash.

I feel like a slug. I see all the great progress everyone is making and all I've been doing is other non-mustang projects around here...too many projects! I'm looking forward to July when I can visit with the 72 & 73 stored at my parents house in Tn. I'm trying to find a car hauler I can borrow for a few days and if so, I'll bring the 72 back with me to Mobile! Woohoo, that would be awesome! I've also got many of the parts for my 71 in Tn so bringing those back will also give me a boost in getting those 2 back on the todo project list. The mustangs are the projects I want to do. All the others are for the kids and prepping the boat & camping gear for the end of July keys lobstering trip. Summers weren't this hectic 20 years ago before 5 kids came along. Lol

I finished trimming the firewall, and drilled out and dressed the original floor supports. I bought new floor supports, but I don't like the way they look, or fit. They actually fit over the top of the originals!.I decided to use the originals, as they were in good shape. Just very labor intensive drilling all the weld out to save them.

Time to take a break from the 71 for now. I'm heading to Cocoa Beach to start the Hot Rod Power Tour this weekend. Prepping the 68 Shelby this afternoon, I'm hoping to go all the way to Detroit.

Firewall.JPG

Mach.Clip.JPG

Rail.Comp.a.JPG

Rail.Comp.b.JPG

Rail.Comp.c.JPG

Rail.Comp.d.JPG

Rail.In.JPG

GT500KR.TD.JPG

In the last couple days I finally got off my exhaust manifolds, had them blasted...

252811_10150269158531995_610141994_9163698_4296316_n.jpg

and put them back on (with anti-seize on the new stainless bolts). Has anybody had any problems with stainless bolts? I know stainless will expand more than mild when heated, but ARP sells stainless header bolts. I ordered some schedule 10S bends to make up my turbo headers, and I am starting to buy parts. I bought a new auto darkening welding helmet and some stainless wire and pipe to practice with. This should be one of the best summers I've had :cool:

Forgot my pics from last weekend. Didn't feel like cutting anymore, so I decided to clean the rubberized undercoating from the firewall instead.

Shiny!

246978_226071950737064_100000027814872_936276_2749779_n.jpg

And, slathered on some Rust Bullet to keep it nice

254178_226071960737063_100000027814872_936277_2853368_n.jpg

255039_226071974070395_100000027814872_936278_3508236_n.jpg

Also got my floor pans in from OMS - Thanks Don!

So, this weekend: get the last of the frame rails removed from the tranny crossmember and remove the last bits of torque box 'flashing' from the rockers, then clean 'em up and get ready for the new front clip. Also gotta work out the patches for the parts of the firewall I cut out with the old torque boxes.

Forgot my pics from last weekend. Didn't feel like cutting anymore, so I decided to clean the rubberized undercoating from the firewall instead.

Shiny!

Also got my floor pans in from OMS - Thanks Don!

So, this weekend: get the last of the frame rails removed from the tranny crossmember and remove the last bits of torque box 'flashing' from the rockers, then clean 'em up and get ready for the new front clip. Also gotta work out the patches for the parts of the firewall I cut out with the old torque boxes.
Nice!

Back