What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the new seat platforms I've noticed are and inch taller than the originals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yeah, apparently they are for coupe/convertibles.
Yes, they are. I flattened mine with a hammer and a few relief cuts. They fit with no problems after flattening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the new seat platforms I've noticed are and inch taller than the originals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yes, they are. I flattened mine with a hammer and a few relief cuts. They fit with no problems after flattening.
I didn't even think to hit them with a hammer. Gah that would have been much easier that what I am doing. Oh whale....

I didn't even think to hit them with a hammer. Gah that would have been much easier that what I am doing. Oh whale....
Desperate times call for desperate methods that's how I decided to try the Hammer-it method.

MY floor thread talks a little about it, http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-muscletang-needs-new-floor-pans-advice?pid=259695#pid259695

Unfortunately, I just realized I never took "after" pictures. As it flattens obviously it becomes wider, but it was manageable and the seat still fit with not problems.

Custom made mini tubs are in! Definitely won't have to worry about any tire rub. They are awesome cause it doesn't affect my interior trim or my rear seat.

29eej5.jpg

::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent off registration documents to DVLA. They quote 4-6 weeks to process registration. I sent off the forms last Wednesday. They processed my forms with lightning speed. I got my registration certificate(Log book-Title) today, only 7 days after they recieved my forms.

I CAN NOW OFFICIALLY DRIVE MY MUSTANG ON U.K ROADS

::thumb::::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

img003.jpg

Spent the whole freaking day cleaning the gaskets off the Holly carb. Water soak, stripping wheel, toluene, razor blade and wire brush.

I never remember a carb being such a pain to clean!

Finally ready to assemble! !!

Took off my dash plate (?) (metal piece with vin tag attached) to repaint if flat black to reduce the glare. Originally painted it gloss black, big mistake, repainted it satin black, much better but still got reflections onto windshield so painted it flat black. Before I put it back on I was wondering what color the vin tag is suppose to be. I painted it flat black with the rest of dash plate but it's almost impossible to make out the numbers now. Is it suppose to be paint free or another color?

I got 2 hydraulic ramps today thinking I could push my car on it.

I thought wrong... Will have to drive it on or jack it up and slip the ramps under...

Either way I am now prepared for replacing the starter :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing today. I spent yesterday putting the new Scott Drake seat belts in the rear of the car, and completing the install of the front seat belts. Installed the rear seat.

Installed the carburetor and routed some vacuum lines. Put caps over all the ports I will not use for a while.

Not too impressed with the Mustangs Unlimited claim that the Scott Drake belts were an "exact match" of the originals up to 73. The latch is different, the length is different, and the weave pattern on the belts is different.

Didn't have time to wait any longer so I put them in.

Installed a used Holley 4779-9 750CFM DP after rebuilding it and jetting it back to factory specs.

Old carb was Eldelbrock 1407

Night and day difference!!! :D

Is that on a 351C? Tring to find my best carb for the future

2i6ntdu.jpg

Highly Recommended IMO!

Paul

She got some new rubber pedals and chrome trim rings from CJPONY. Looks so much better now.

pedals.JPG

Nothing... Been waiting for parts since late July... Suppose to be here this week. Yeah.

...Well, I did take the engine and tranny in for rebuilds this past month, but the car itself has sat untouched in the garage during this time. Time to get re-motivated...

Ordered a new ignition switch from O'Reilly Auto Parts. Bummed that it's not a stocked item and that won't be here until Tuesday.

Fitted some temporary seat covers, Black & lime plus some new rubber floor mats. Its amazing how two things can change the look of a car for a relatively cheap temporary fix

Back