What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove the car to Yosemite for the annual telescope party at Glacier Point. Actually took the car for two days of mixed hi-way and mountain roads with some of the trip above 7000 feet. Since last year's trip we changed the front and rear sway bar frame bushings and ends pieces, installed a new Holley 80670 and some Pertronix ignition components plus a new Centerforce clutch. The car performed admirably not even complaining much at altitude, plus those mountain roads:D Also averaged about 18 MPG at hi-way speeds with ~400 pounds of camping and telescope equipment on board. The Grande was packed to the roof. All this with a quench head M-code and toploader. It was a really fun trip.

mike
Wow! Cool road trip! 18mpg! Also cool. What rear gears? What speed? Interstate?

That is encouraging. I'm wanting to hit 22 mpg (lofty goal) for my M code with 5 speed (future install).
That was 18 MPG at Interstate speeds, my best guess. Filled up before I left and put another 11 gallons in at a Valero station just outside of Yosemite. Drove around Yosemite for a couple of days and put another 15 gallons in at the same station when I left. Had half a tank when I got home.

The Marti report lists the diff as a 3.25 but was replaced with a 2.75 by a previous owner who did a lot of hi-way driving. I would like to put the 3.25 back and we may do that.

On a different note, the car seems to have more "snap" at the gas pedal. I know this sounds korny but the car likes to be driven; hard:p

mike

Maybe it just needed the carbon blow off the valves. Glad to here it was a good trip for you, yours, and the car

Had the front end man by today and we discussed putting the new frontend on and where I need to make the cuts. He says he can work it in in about two weeks. Lord let my hand be steady.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just scored an AOD out of an '87 5.0 Fox-body (along with the entire automatic system - shifter, T.C., kick-down cable, et al) for $50. Just gotta help him take it out.

A pal from work is swapping in a T-5 and actually offered to just give it to me, but I gotta give the man something for it.

Just scored an AOD out of an '87 5.0 Fox-body (along with the entire automatic system - shifter, T.C., kick-down cable, et al) for $50. Just gotta help him take it out.

A pal from work is swapping in a T-5 and actually offered to just give it to me, but I gotta give the man something for it.
Score on the AOD

Maybe it just needed the carbon blow off the valves. Glad to here it was a good trip for you, yours, and the car
You are right! I remember an old Mustang owner who would get pulled over by the police now and then for speeding. He told them he was just blowing some carbon out of it. The guy was a local and got away with it. So remember to blow a little carbon out of your car now and then:D

mike

Went by and looked at it all sad covered up on her chrome jack stands, to sad to even snap a picture, but I did call my painter for the front bumper and rear spoiler and started to get the typical painter BS until I cut him off. Supposed to have them by Monday, yeah right.:mad:

I touched up a small spot where I chipped the paint on the edge of the hood, adjusted the hood alignment, and removed the rim-blow steering wheel and replaced it with a 13 inch black and chrome Grant.

I got my Mach back from the spring shop today. Air shocks are outta there, KYB's are back in and I had 2 leafs put in each spring (there were only 3 in each spring). She sits up nice now and the T/A's won't rub against the fenders any more. Friday I get a new T/A to replace the damaged one. Damn air shocks!

I got my Mach back from the spring shop today. Air shocks are outta there, KYB's are back in and I had 2 leafs put in each spring (there were only 3 in each spring). She sits up nice now and the T/A's won't rub against the fenders any more. Friday I get a new T/A to replace the damaged one. Damn air shocks!
:worthlesswithoutpics:

Sweet!

Decided to work on the demo part of this restomod. I can't believe I made it 25 miles to the DMV and then back in 1 piece. Factory ball joints and all. Thank god there were no railroad tracks. :p

DSCN1063.JPGDSCN1064.JPG

Started with the usual spray and tap. Then took more pictures because my memory sucks after somethings been sitting as long as this will before I reassemble. :huh: Got the spindle, upper control arm, and battery box off on the PS.DSCN1077.JPGDSCN1078.JPG

Latest posts

Back