What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my Ram Air Filter to have it powder coated (antique black & silver vein with clear coat)the same as the tanks on my 07 GT (one pictured) and the top of it black with clear coat since the car is already moded lol

100_0326.jpg
Always liked this finish. Good choice and hope to see the final product soon.

This morning I got up early and got my interior fasteners laid out for this evening. What is it with this thread not wanting to flip over on its own?

Took my Ram Air Filter to have it powder coated (antique black & silver vein with clear coat)the same as the tanks on my 07 GT (one pictured) and the top of it black with clear coat since the car is already moded lol

100_0326.jpg
You need to quit posting that photo or you will have me looking for one of those tanks on my car not knowing there is not one. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I got up early and got my interior fasteners laid out for this evening. What is it with this thread not wanting to flip over on its own?

You need to quit posting that photo or you will have me looking for one of those tanks on my car not knowing there is not one. LOL
+1. I had to really think for a minute what a ram air filter is & was wondering where that one is on my M code cause I've never seen it. Lol The hammered paint look is very cool.

Created a couple of monsters yesterday when I let my grandkids sand on the car yesterday. Today I had to keep explaining that "SPARKS" were not "COOL!!!" Nothing we can't fix though and enjoyed the #### out of it actually.
Awesome! That's the reason I now have so many Mach 1s...the boys wanted their own cars to work on...and then we had to get parts cars, etc. Be careful, your Mach 1 collection might double too. :p

Created a couple of monsters yesterday when I let my grandkids sand on the car yesterday. Today I had to keep explaining that "SPARKS" were not "COOL!!!" Nothing we can't fix though and enjoyed the #### out of it actually.
That's too funny! Glad yall had fun! U created monsters now wait till you turn your back then the real fun begins rofl Those two just learned how to have an early New Years celebration :D

Awesome! That's the reason I now have so many Mach 1s...the boys wanted their own cars to work on...and then we had to get parts cars, etc. Be careful, your Mach 1 collection might double too. :p
Stop it Don! You can't use your kids as an excuse forever! We, or at least I, know the truth ;) You're a 7173 hoarder, just admit it :D

The new 6 inch DA showed up yesterday and today #1 grandson saw it and stated "now this will work!" I think he's suffering from MORE POWER SYNDROME. Ain't it great!

The new 6 inch DA showed up yesterday and today #1 grandson saw it and stated "now this will work!" I think he's suffering from MORE POWER SYNDROME. Ain't it great!
Do not give it to him until you attach a 2hp gas motor to it first.

I've got a feeling he's the big block type. Wait until I teach him what the best small block ever designed can do. He's already said that he's in my pit crew for the 351 vs 454 race with his uncle Jay. Way too cool at 9 years old!

I've got a feeling he's the big block type. Wait until I teach him what the best small block ever designed can do. He's already said that he's in my pit crew for the 351 vs 454 race with his uncle Jay. Way too cool at 9 years old!
:D dancebanana Can paw paw get any cooler!

Are there Mustangs Anomomous groups out there?
:goodone:

#1 grandson
Reminds me of Charlie Chan. "Son numba wun, son numba too!"
If son numba too!! shows up. This is the greatest forum I've ever been on and please tell the police it was probably NOT an accident or suicide! :p

Started building the in garage sand blasting booth and hope to be done media blasting this week. Been looking at the self-etching primer for when I'm done.

Self etching primer is the bomb! It saved my 65 vert when it went under water with hurricane katrina. I power washed the whole car and some of the engine bay black paint came off but the self etching primer held fast.

I love how those urethane bumpers line up with the rest of the car, compared to the chrome ones!

Ok, I was offline for a few days, so this did not happen today but Thursday. I hope it still counts. :)

I met up with the guy that made that clip of the 70 Mustang that has been posted in the youtube section and we filmed all day long for a similar clip about my car.

It was fun doing burnouts and drifting around corners and stuff.

(It was less fun looking at my 285/40/18 rear tire after the procedure! :-( Not to mention the two hours it took me to get the burnt rubber off the lower part of the rear fender!!)

But it was fun nonetheless.

As soon as the clip is finished and online, I´ll post the link.

Purchased a rebuilt engine for my '71 Grande. The engine has been sitting in a warehouse for five years still wrapped in plastic from the machine shop that did the rebuild. It had valve covers, intake manifold and oil pan attached for protection. Otherwise it is what you would call a long block. There is minor surface rust on the intake/exhaust and small areas on the block which has been primered. All visible internal components are soaked in machine oil. There are new pistons (more later), timing chain, oil pump, freeze plugs, cam and lifters. The heads are matching with four dot markings and the block number is D0AE-L, date code 1A19.

The pistons read H555CP, which is consistent with flat top Cleveland pistons, plus 201-01-14-.030. It has a mild cam and the heads are closed chamber.

What I like best about this engine, besides the fact I got it for a song, is the attached tag explaining the break-in process. Nice touch.

mike

Cut the PVC posts and laid the bottom to media blast tomorrow. Had my grandsons' friend overnight and decided to let them try their hand at golf. You know: All work and no play... The little one is #5 Gavin :p

DSCN1169.JPGDSCN1168.JPGDSCN1167.JPGDSCN1165.JPGDSCN1164.JPG

Latest posts

Back