What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swapped the 400 truck converter that was put in when the trans was rebuilt for a Hughes street rod 2,000 stall.

IMG_14661.jpg

IMG_14671.jpg

IMG_14681.jpg

I replaced the quarter window weatherstrip, and cleaned the rear section of the wire hardness. There is only one wire that sometime ago was cut and now i have to figure out what was that wire for.

IMG_1274.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I just painted the bolts for the valve covers, the oil fill cover and the oil dipstick. Then flew off to KC Mo for a week of fun at work.

Still having electrical problems...Dad added an MSD digital ignition box to deliver full power to the coil! Hope it helps!

Kept working on the Vert top frame, couple more night it should be finished.

100_2849.JPG

100_2850.JPG

100_2851.JPG

my thoughs are that if the top frame and interior are finished and put away I wont rush to get them done after the body and paint are done.

Got the plastic cut for the booth and started to remove the rear window. Mels off tomorrow and is going to help get the glass out, so maybe start blasting tomorrow night.

Unfortunately my car lives in Texas and I am moving to San Diego this week. I have a baby due in November, so hopefully I will be able to get the car shipped out in the spring time. But today I picked a color for her when I repaint her, going with a 2003 color called Azure Blue, may modify it a shade or two darker, but that is going to be the color.

Unfortunately my car lives in Texas and I am moving to San Diego this week. I have a baby due in November, so hopefully I will be able to get the car shipped out in the spring time. But today I picked a color for her when I repaint her, going with a 2003 color called Azure Blue, may modify it a shade or two darker, but that is going to be the color.
What part of San Diego are you moving to. Mike.

Realized today I am not very good at body prep for blasting. Spent the day getting the rear window out, Then realized all the mess that I really needed to do to be ready. pulled out the rest of what was needed (sealer, missed bolts ect.)and now I'm ready to go. We'll be blasting tomorrow. Seen more of that scraper than my wife! :p

DSCN1171.JPGDSCN1172.JPGDSCN1173.JPG

I'm putting parts on instead of removing stuff, that feels good. Some things fit, others don't. I had a complete parts car in addition to the project car..I stripped everything off it..every bolt and clip...I still don't have enough stuff to assemble one car, lol.

This car has been a real test for me (I usually do Chevelle's) I have never seen a car with as many parts as this 72 Mach I has. It has given me a real appreciation for Members like Q ...His work is so over the top of my skills, and I am pretty good. I have had a good time with this car and it will be a nice driver..I'm at about 14 grand in it and it still won't be a show car, but it will be a nice driver...and I do drive my cars.

The point of all this is, do the best job you can and have fun doing it.

Cool, Roy! Any timeline updates?
Not sure but a cold front is coming through this week end but not sure it will be cold enough for hell to freeze over and I think that is when the new goal is set for

I was not there but I received a text that mine started off the key tonight. YAhoooo
That's like your wife giving birth with you not there but getting a text that said all went well. :p
Nah its better than that:rolleyes: on a side note for the new people that have just gotten here this is a huge step for me, even thogh we have had it started before from a push button, in a over 3 year process.

Latest posts

Back