What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put an overflow radiator tank on the car- will have to see if that works. In the process had to move one of the horns to make room for the tank and as things generally do not work as they should it does not work however if I remove the wire from the horn that I did not move it does wor. So both horns will not blow at the same time.

Then had to fix a loose light bulb in the center console clock. This should have been easy. It took longer than it should have to get the piece that holds the clock in place off. Putting in the bulb whihc seems to have disappered was also easy. Then after about 90 minutes of fussing around was unable to get it all put back in place. This was the first time I had it apart since I had the body shop guy weld the shifting handle from my 3 speed to the base of the original T5 handle last spring. The T5 handle was too short for my liking. The new one longer than the old one was. I KNOW they got it all back in place at the body shop since the welding was done off the car but I have no idea how. Even unscrewed the console from the floor and tried moving both around but no luck. After 90 minutes gave up- will ask the guys at the shop on Wednesday when I go there to visit my other car.

I installed the new Street Avenger 670cfm in the 71M4speed to replace the Edelbrock 1406 600cfm that recently replaced the original 4300. Timing is at 16 btdc and 36 all in (thank you Chuck for that info!!!).

All I can say is WOW! Better hold onto your hat!

Nice! We'll have to meet up and go for a ride if I ever make it out to 'bama! I smell a duck hunt, or maybe deer hunt, in my future...

Pics of the body shop progress. Just a few more weeks left 'til she comes home.

2nsw9z6.jpg

mws60w.jpg

28tw8r7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the new Street Avenger 670cfm in the 71M4speed to replace the Edelbrock 1406 600cfm that recently replaced the original 4300. Timing is at 16 btdc and 36 all in (thank you Chuck for that info!!!).

Well that answers my question in the other post. Watch out for smokie or go by him so fast he don't even try! :p

OK, let's see:

- Duraspark box mounted and plugged in

- cable from solenoid to starter installed

- tranny cooler lines (AOD) clipped, bubbled, and soft-line looped (temporary)

- installed negative battery cable

- last part of fuel line to carb plumbed - but ran out of hose clamps

- got the wrong alternator belt AGAIN (Gates 7370)

- got the wrong size vacuum hose AGAIN

- discovered open brake booster port on back of Edelbrock carb

- discovered that I forgot to plumb-in a fuel filter

Still gotta:

- install hose clamps

- plumb-in a fuel filter

- run the vacuum lines

- plug the brake booster vac port on the carb (temporary)

- install the right alternator belt (Gates 7390 - exchanged up on the way home)

- run power to the fuel pump

- plug-in the steering column

- wire-up the red and white leads on the Duraspark box

- install the positive battery cable (watch for smoke/flames)

- add fluids (watch for leaks)

- pull the dizzy

- prime oil pump (with a drill - that should be fun)

- replace dizzy

- turn over the engine a few times to circulate oil

- install gas

- turn the key and hope for good things to happen

Eric. Before you completely hook up the battery. Don't forget to attatch the positive only and take a meter and read from the negative terminal to body ground to test for shorts. DO NOT CONNECT THE NEGATIVE BEFORE THIS. Hate to see all that hard work go up in flames.

Bet if you check the vacuum it is around 16 at idle.

mike

Washed it, cleaned up the interior, did a little detail work to the motor. We have a 'family fun day' at the plant I work at today. Part of it includes an employee car show. It's going to be small (about 20 cars) and no prizes or anything but it will be fun to show off the Mustang a little. I will take some pics.

I drain the oil from the rear axle, then removed the oil seal, install the one at the rear of the Toploader gearbox.

Not much, on this rainny sunday, but enough to make me happy :)

I cleaned around my car today as the past couple weeks around house projects lead to some things being stored around her. Now hopefully I can get back on track

Replaced my ball joint that was broken. And replaced my driver side fender.

uploadfromtaptalk1352069044901.jpg

Before

uploadfromtaptalk1352069075749.jpg

After :)

uploadfromtaptalk1352069119862.jpg

Its in decent shape, grinded all the rust off the fender rails and rust bullet all the areas. Fender is dirty but so is the whole car.

Next step is bleeding the brakes as the pedal went to the floor. Still stops (barely) and the brake light is on in the dash.

Eric. Before you completely hook up the battery. Don't forget to attatch the positive only and take a meter and read from the negative terminal to body ground to test for shorts. DO NOT CONNECT THE NEGATIVE BEFORE THIS. Hate to see all that hard work go up in flames.
Good advice - Thanks! (Damn good advice, actually)

Speaking of: 2 wires... 2 stinkin' wires away from dumping in the fluids and turning the key. One wire being the red wire on the Duraspark module, and other being the power to the fuel pump (ran it through the car, just need to tap an 'Ignition On' hot lead now.

Ran out of time because I had to chase the threads in the hole for the engine ground strap, and fix the bolt that went in there after finishing up the fuel line plumbing. All things considered, I'm not going to rush the wiring because I still have no idea if the original wiring harness is any good or not. Oh well... there's always next Saturday, I suppose.

Yesterday drive to Omaha to pick up a NOS aftermarket cruise contril to put in the car sicne the one I ahve does not work and figure it will be easier to just get rid of the old one and replace it!

Something about 1967-1973 modal. Ford's designers began drawing up a larger versions even as the original was achieving sales success, and while Iacocca later complained about the Mustang's growth, he did oversee the 1967 redesign. From 1967 until 1973, the Mustang got bigger but not necessarily more powerful. The revised Mustang retained the original body structure but styling was refreshed, giving the Mustang a more massive look overall.
OK... so what did you do to your car today? :D

Back