What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drool...

Lookin' AWESOME![/align]
Jeje...thanks! Clear is on...
Sweet Steve. Congrats.
Thank you sir! Long time coming. Hopefully back on the road this spring if I can find the time for reassembly.

ETA: Page 299 ownage!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, agreed, that new paint looks awesome!!!

I did not post on this thread for a long time, simply because I didn´t do anything to my car. But today I had my Buddy convert the headlight to relays, so that finally the spontaneous "disco moments" in the middle of nowhere are history.

Tomorrow we´ll tackle the new exhaust.

Well it was yesterday but I'll post it today. I finally made my ram air functional and ran and hooked up vacuum lines. I also finally spent some time adjusting my new carburetor for maximum vacuum at idle. Manage to get a nice and fairly smooth 15" of vacuum with my cam which I considered to be pretty good.

Drove it, and drove it some more.

Temperature dropped 30 degrees since yesterday :( I'll get some more driving in, but since daylight savings time, not as much as I would like.

I'm not typicaly the shortcut type. But I did decide long ago I was going to leave the undercoating alone on the rear quarters and not worry about it since the rest of the car was in such good shape. Sure am glad I decided to remove it tonight. NEVER TAKE SHORTCUTS! :s

DSCN2132.JPG

I visited my Mustang on the shop where they have been having difficulty putting in new springs on the front since they are 1.5 inches taller tahn the old ones.

Drilled apart a used cowl section and addressed some issues with it.

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

20121107_132949.jpg

20121107_132959.jpg

20121107_163049.jpg

I didn't photograph the other pieces yet but I have a ton of stuff I need to get blasted, and will be going from there!

All I can say is WOW! Better hold onto your hat!
Nice! We'll have to meet up and go for a ride if I ever make it out to 'bama! I smell a duck hunt, or maybe deer hunt, in my future...

Pics of the body shop progress. Just a few more weeks left 'til she comes home.

2nsw9z6.jpg

mws60w.jpg

28tw8r7.jpg
What year Bullitts are those? Are you using a spacer?

Cussed out my headlight buckets while putting them together. Left them in their room and went to mine!

HEY I HIT THE 300. SHOW HIM WHAT HE'S WON CHUCK!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eww makes me wonder about mine. It seems solid. What's the best way to remove the undercoat? Scraper/puddy knife?
E-Z off oven cleaner and a puddy knife works well.
Being able to put your car on it's side.........PRICELESS!

Hey 73vertproject! Thank you! I picked up a used cowl section honestly like 6 years ago and its sat in my garage for a loooong time.

Eww makes me wonder about mine. It seems solid. What's the best way to remove the undercoat? Scraper/puddy knife?
E-Z off oven cleaner and a puddy knife works well.
Being able to put your car on it's side.........PRICELESS!
It sure made it easy.:cool:

We're completing the final prep before moving her into the paint booth (actually sitting in front of it now). I get more excite with each visit.
I know what you mean!

Scheduled to come home Tuesday. :cool:

2j2jjpd.jpg

2j1lt7m.jpg

2lbnawx.jpg
Looking good. Of course I will still have a ton if work to do when I get it.

Back